My J32A2/6MT -> 2001 V6 Accord Swap Thread

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys need to find a CG member that is across the border, ship to them, and then meet up and pick up. If you are further, maybe have them ship from inside Canada to help alleviate cost? Just a thought...

Yup, I think we talked about setting up a network like this. It wouldn't be worth it for aftermarket parts since the price isn't that much higher, but it would be for OEM honda parts since those are 40-80% higher north of the 49th parallel :(

The problem with this, is how to avoid duty/tax when it crosses customs. I've tried declaring it as "gift" or "for repair" on customs declaration, but this is very hit or miss. Setting up a PO Box just outside the border, is probably the best option, along with installation prior to re-entering Canada.

If I had a shop or was distributing in Canada, I think that's what I'd end up doing. For my infrequent purchases, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

On a car-related note, the car WILL be ready for pickup this Friday. Can't decide what's more exciting; the new engine, transmission, or new stance :)

Darlingloverbee

Reaction score
I just bought a JDM j32a2 it came with the auto tranny and the Ecu. I was wondering would the performance parts from the original j30 engine just bolt right on to the j32? And what can I do to the Ecu? Can I flash it and reprogram it to the performance parts or do I have to get piggy back?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Intake will need a different coupler since 3.2 TB is a little bigger, or use an intake meant for the motor. Headers are interchangeable, at least the exhaust manifolds are. These mods alone don’t make enough of a difference to need a management system, just reflash the ECU and it will make any adjustment needed in this case.

What JDM car has a J32a2?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
What JDM car has a J32a2?

The 2nd Gen TL's, including TypeS variants, were assembled in the US, and imported by Japan, where they were rebadged as Honda Inspire. Hence the 'JDM' term is somewhat 'loosely' applicable.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Yup, I think we talked about setting up a network like this. It wouldn't be worth it for aftermarket parts since the price isn't that much higher, but it would be for OEM honda parts since those are 40-80% higher north of the 49th parallel :(

The problem with this, is how to avoid duty/tax when it crosses customs. I've tried declaring it as "gift" or "for repair" on customs declaration, but this is very hit or miss. Setting up a PO Box just outside the border, is probably the best option, along with installation prior to re-entering Canada.

If I had a shop or was distributing in Canada, I think that's what I'd end up doing. For my infrequent purchases, I don't think it's worth the hassle.

On a car-related note, the car WILL be ready for pickup this Friday. Can't decide what's more exciting; the new engine, transmission, or new stance :)

Do an install party when you pick up the part, that way it's already on the car and not in it :D

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do an install party when you pick up the part, that way it's already on the car and not in it :D

Not a bad idea :)

Getting so so close ... J37IM, Accord Cover, P2R TB Adapter and gaskets

IMG_0018.jpg

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Car is officially done, complete!
Intake, new filter installed, going for an alignment tomorrow to correct the additional 0.8" drop/new tires and detail.
Problem is I'm away at a conference and won't be able to pickup till next Wednesday :(

Back