What'd you do to your accord today?

f20bcg3

Reaction score
So wait... do we just put the centre console piece in a bucket with hydrochloric acid over night? I'm a bit lost...

My buddy dan hit me with this maybe it will work

. Try spraying your dash down with Goo gone and let it soak and then cleaning it and then spraying it again down with the wd 40 and then cleaning it. .

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

DizzyP

Reaction score
Seriously, I just pull the trim ring and the beverage holder off with my fingernails. I use a damp cloth of soapy liquid and wipe back and forth (not in circular motion to avoid swirl marks). I get it pretty damped up to loosen up the junk them wipe a few times and rinse out cloth to avoid possible junk scratching the finish. For the most part that gets the faux wood finish, the shifter portion and beverage holder sections looking pretty spiffy. Now you can really get to the hidden stuff under the boot for the hand brake but that prob require the removal of the console. Pro tip: before you THINK you're done, have a seat in the passengers seat and double check from that angle. Even open and close he beverage holder door to make sure things are all looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad2274

Reaction score
ive been using denatured alchohol on a console piece im getting ready for sale, works pretty well, i did a cubby hole a while back that came out mint, then sprayed the cubby whole with satin paint just incase

f20bcg3

Reaction score
ive been using denatured alchohol on a console piece im getting ready for sale, works pretty well, i did a cubby hole a while back that came out mint, then sprayed the cubby whole with satin paint just incase

Would be really interested in a diy if you have the time and kindness of doing us gummy console members that favor

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

agginline86

Reaction score
I guess I'll chime in here
being a chemist and all
I'm assuming the HCl thing was a joke

easiest thing to do to clean it would be rubbing alcohol
go grab some 99% isopropyl alcohol and put some on a cloth and wipe away
should take care of any sticky residue you have

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I guess I'll chime in here
being a chemist and all
I'm assuming the HCl thing was a joke

easiest thing to do to clean it would be rubbing alcohol
go grab some 99% isopropyl alcohol and put some on a cloth and wipe away
should take care of any sticky residue you have

It will take off all the residue and paint together with it! Never use rubbing alcohol on paint!

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Rolled my rear fenders, trimmed the bumper, hoping to go about 1.5" lower in rear.installed TL front strut bar, changed my aem dryflo air filter, got a master key made at the stealership for $25.99 + tax (idk why a member here said it cost $180?)

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Pulled out my broken window regulator, now just waiting on its replacement. Also, going to order a new speed sensor tomorrow, hopefully it takes care of the speedo issues Ive been having. If not, my Richie swap module goes back to Richie to get bench tested :/

Back