Shock and spring combo?

phi1542

Reaction score
Hey Sil2DrV6 how much did you lower on yours? I was thinking to max out F&R and put to softest setting since Tien don't go really that low. Just wanted to see what it looks like maxed out. Still haven't installed yet :( Just chillin in my garage...

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Hey Sil2DrV6 how much did you lower on yours? I was thinking to max out F&R and put to softest setting since Tien don't go really that low. Just wanted to see what it looks like maxed out. Still haven't installed yet :( Just chillin in my garage...
Hey phi1542 I lowered mine, leaving one pinky finger gap all around. It's not maxed out, but here's how it sits as of now. (Sry, bad cell pic tho.)
637480e9-d8a0-4ae5-87f4-0561de94cd2e_zpsaa7fcad3.jpg

From this pic, the front can go another 1/4 inch lower, and the rear can go another 1/2 inch or so.

Tien... Must be a typo, right? :lawl:

phi1542

Reaction score
Hey phi1542 I lowered mine, leaving one pinky finger gap all around. It's not maxed out, but here's how it sits as of now. (Sry, bad cell pic tho.)
637480e9-d8a0-4ae5-87f4-0561de94cd2e_zpsaa7fcad3.jpg

From this pic, the front can go another 1/4 inch lower, and the rear can go another 1/2 inch or so.

Tien... Must be a typo, right? :lawl:

hmm not bad lol still need to get used to my car being at a higher height than before... LOL I miss being slammed! but ok cool thanks! I think maxing it out will be good height for me. I'll still be able to clear pretty much everything I think. Do you have any scraping issues?

and yeah damn it.... I always spell it wrong hahaha

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
hmm not bad lol still need to get used to my car being at a higher height than before... LOL I miss being slammed! but ok cool thanks! I think maxing it out will be good height for me. I'll still be able to clear pretty much everything I think. Do you have any scraping issues?

and yeah damn it.... I always spell it wrong hahaha
Not bad eh? Thanks. You'll feel so much practical to drive. Btw, maxing out both F & R "might" give you more drop in the rear, but don't quote me on that. Just keep that in mind. As far as the scraping issue goes, you can check out my recent discussions on my MR thread. ;)

phi1542

Reaction score
Not bad eh? Thanks. You'll feel so much practical to drive. Btw, maxing out both F & R "might" give you more drop in the rear, but don't quote me on that. Just keep that in mind. As far as the scraping issue goes, you can check out my recent discussions on my MR thread. ;)

Oh nah I checked with them and they said F is 3" and R is 2.6" i think. I forgot the rear but its something like that haha thanks!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Oh nah I checked with them and they said F is 3" and R is 2.6" i think. I forgot the rear but its something like that haha thanks!
What I meant to say is that, if you drop max F 3" and R 2.6", the rear fender gap might look less than the front.

Reason why I'm saying that is b/c, although my fender gap is pretty much equivalent between F & R, the rear coilovers have more availability for the collar to go all the way to the bottom.

This is b/c, Idk if you noticed but, when you take a closer look of our front & rear fender arcs, the rear fender arcs are smaller than the front fender arc. Have a look at your car from a distance. You'll see that the top of the rear fender arc doesn't line up horizontally parallel to the front fender top arc. (Meaning that the front fender arc is bigger than the rear arc.)

With that said, if you integrate the fender gap all around, regardless of any lowering suspension parts 'n brands, you are actually making your car slanted towards the front, b/c you need to eliminate more gaps in front by lowering more, since our cars' front fenders are bigger than the rear fenders.

Sry, if my English is bad. I just found the discussion that indicates what I mean:
Completely understand. But what I'm looking at is the distance between the top edge of the rim and the fender. It's slightly bigger in the front, which imo makes your rear look a little sunk. I think raising the rear a tad would equalize that and look better, but that's my opinion.

Most noticeable in these two photos.

euromeet.jpg

offseteveryday.jpg

Have you not noticed that on most cars, including ours, the rear fender sits lower than the front front fender? My side skirts are almost perfectly parallel to the ground and in fact, they actually are tilted a little to the front, meaning there is a small trace of rake with my stance. There is no way I would ever consider raising my car to make the "fender to rim" measurement even all around. It's all about that low low low low.

No I didn’t know that after owning my car for nearly 6 years and having modified nearly everything on it. :rolleyes:

I see 'constructive criticism' and 'opinion' are not in your vocabulary.

His car is too extreme and obvious as an example, but I'm just saying that it could be like that, in terms of the fender gap difference between F & R, when you max out your SA.

phi1542

Reaction score
What I meant to say is that, if you drop max F 3" and R 2.6", the rear fender gap might look less than the front.

Reason why I'm saying that is b/c, although my fender gap is pretty much equivalent between F & R, the rear coilovers have more availability for the collar to go all the way to the bottom.

This is b/c, Idk if you noticed but, when you take a closer look of our front & rear fender arcs, the rear fender arcs are smaller than the front fender arc. Have a look at your car from a distance. You'll see that the top of the rear fender arc doesn't line up horizontally parallel to the front fender top arc. (Meaning that the front fender arc is bigger than the rear arc.)

With that said, if you integrate the fender gap all around, regardless of any lowering suspension parts 'n brands, you are actually making your car slanted towards the front, b/c you need to eliminate more gaps in front by lowering more, since our cars' front fenders are bigger than the rear fenders.

Sry, if my English is bad. I just found the discussion that indicates what I mean:

His car is too extreme and obvious as an example, but I'm just saying that it could be like that, in terms of the fender gap difference between F & R, when you max out your SA.

ohhhh i know what you mean. Yeah I always noticed it lol i always wondered why my rears always looked lower even though i know i measured right hahaha i've seen it on other peoples cars too but i didnt think too much about it

phi1542

Reaction score
Finally installed them! Ran into issues with the top hats so I had to redo all 4 sides.... took half a day -_- but they ride great! The softest setting was too bouncy. I put it to the lowest setting F & R. 10 clicks to the left and its way more comfortable than the F2 hahaha Any recommendations for the dampening setting? 10 to the left is good but idk i think it might be a little on the stiff side.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Congrats! Glad you're happy w/ it. :) I used to set them 13~14th for quite a long time, but the settings really depend on your personal preference, and your tire aspect ratio (how big the sidewall is to absorb the road bumps) as well. Have fun exploring. ;)

Btw, didn't you say that you damaged your car, and decided not to mod your Accord anymore, no?

phi1542

Reaction score
Congrats! Glad you're happy w/ it. :) I used to set them 13~14th for quite a long time, but the settings really depend on your personal preference, and your tire aspect ratio (how big the sidewall is to absorb the road bumps) as well. Have fun exploring. ;)

Btw, didn't you say that you damaged your car, and decided not to mod your Accord anymore, no?

When I move to 11,12,13 etc from 10 do I have to turn it back to the stiffest setting each time? Thanks haha i guess i just have to keep changing...

Yeah I did. I didn't want stock height because it's too high so Tein was a good choice because it gave a good drop and comfort. Other than that i sold off my side skirts, rear lip, wheels, and my type 1's are currently for sale. Its like an enhanced version of stock LOL might do retro but thats about it.

Last edited:
Back