stock Accords?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Awesome!

But, just a word on factory tint. I have yet to work at a dealer that did offer OEM tint except on ScUV / Van...but, they will have someone at a nearby tint place install their own tint, whatever kind, not factory. Add it on a car sale for like $300 ($200 for tint, $50 dealer, $50 salesdip).

DizzyP

Reaction score
Mine is pretty stock, when my fog lights andheadlights got too scratched up I bought eBay black housing ones, added Bluetooth behind dash and works with my factory radio. Fog lights and mudflaps were dealersip option, also got tint (Final three listed were way over priced).

Added more light in the trunk (LED strips) and switched out all front lights to SilverStars, put in LED for Reverse lights and license frame, gonna add resistor to make the plates less bright but before that I am considering replacing the bulb with a strip.

I got some other plan for the car but for the most part it looks pretty stock.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Aztec

Reaction score
Awesome!

But, just a word on factory tint. I have yet to work at a dealer that did offer OEM tint except on ScUV / Van...but, they will have someone at a nearby tint place install their own tint, whatever kind, not factory. Add it on a car sale for like $300 ($200 for tint, $50 dealer, $50 salesdip).

Yeah the tint isn't really "factory" or oem, like you said the dealer basically just hires a third party tinter and they tint the cars otherwise all the cars fresh from factory come with clear windows.

Funny how dealers will charge you $300 to tint when you can go somewhere else and do it for $60.

By the way are there any led bulbs for the 98-00 tail light set? I like the design of the 98-00 taillights and wondering if there is a led version of it without having to change the assembly or if the clear lens version is led

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
nice build, DizzyP!

the 'about' was important in price, I've seen places use the $300 tint deal as a negotiation point...

Too much time at dealers...really...I don't think anyone likes car salesmen, their coworkers, even themselves!

I need something else, more like a Walmart cashier. I know what I want :shakehead:

No offense if a salesman reads this, I hope you move upwards :)

Aztec

Reaction score
nice build, DizzyP!

the 'about' was important in price, I've seen places use the $300 tint deal as a negotiation point...

Too much time at dealers...really...I don't think anyone likes car salesmen, their coworkers, even themselves!

I need something else, more like a Walmart cashier. I know what I want :shakehead:

No offense if a salesman reads this, I hope you move upwards :)

Can you post some pics of your car? I am curious to see how the sedan looks with a coupe front

DizzyP

Reaction score
Mine is pretty stock, when my fog lights andheadlights got too scratched up I bought eBay black housing ones, added Bluetooth behind dash and works with my factory radio. Fog lights and mudflaps were dealersip option, also got tint (Final three listed were way over priced).

Added more light in the trunk (LED strips) and switched out all front lights to SilverStars, put in LED for Reverse lights and license frame, gonna add resistor to make the plates less bright but before that I am considering replacing the bulb with a strip.

I got some other plan for the car but for the most part it looks pretty stock.

Oh I forgot to mention I have Remote start and also hooked up circuitry so my rear defroster comes on with remote start if it's cold enough. That was a fun project.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Can you post some pics of your car? I am curious to see how the sedan looks with a coupe front

10556473_10100511298481259_4819396218997904499_n.jpg

Or, ricer pose :D

10464093_10100506631119689_1650125611263677287_n.jpg

I like the style, it all fits, just needed a little paint (the body shop did the grill RP31M, I rattle'd it black and added a logo, and added fog light hole 'blocks' which I will sometime mod into front brake ducts ;) ...at what point do I stop hacking?)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
oh, yeah, I hit a deer on the sedan front end, so that's why I swapped it...

1113080914.jpg

body shop thought I was nuts, but it worked out...Did sedan fenders & lights (IDK if they change) coupe hood, bumpers & bumper, after the straighted the rad-support it all bolted on...

10 minutes after I bought it (I was the tech that looked at it, for the dealer, before it was mine :D )

img055.jpg

right after they finished it, I never even left the lot before the camera came out :D

0121091602.jpg

Last edited:

CarbedUp

Reaction score
You've seen my broken car, already. The only two things I've done to the car is change domelight bulb to LED and blackhoused my headlights. I was planning finishing up LED interior lighting after I finish with the tranny swap which I am nearly done.

The chassis and engine is around 295,xxx mi. It's a pretty damn reliable four cylinder vehicle.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention I have Remote start and also hooked up circuitry so my rear defroster comes on with remote start if it's cold enough. That was a fun project.

Thing I just remembered that I forgot to mention I also have an iPhone app called "Find My Car", I've tried other apps but the just didn't cut out due to manually needing to tell the app ok have parked. This thing is automatic, I did need to purchase a USB dongle but it's worth it.

Back