f23a1 poor accelleration ,sluggish , code 22

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
After scrolling up and seeing the metal gravel, between that and the sound, looks like there's catastrophe. I wouldn't spend much more money on that engine if I were you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dunno what noise you are referring to... It has an exhaust leak after the cat that is audible, but not too loud.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Drain the oil.

Filter the old oil.

Look for/pics of debris.

I will do that soon. It's not being driven due to the code. I don't to make it worse than it is. So I have been driving my CB, and I have to spend a lil money on energy susp. bushings. After I get that , I will use a thicker oil with additive to see if its just plain worn out.

I used mobil super 5w-20. I have always used mobil oil in my other cars, never had a problem. But I think i will use pennsoil, maybe 10w-20 and some lucas additive?

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
I am currently doing a compression test. I will post results when finished. Battery died so it is charging.

I will likely seafoam it, then Change the oil with heavier oil and oil additive to make it super thick , and see what happens

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
sea foamed. she is smoking real bad. and threw the code after 3 ish miles. would rev past 4500, but not hit vtec. so basically it would rev to about 5-5500 , but not go past , and it didn't have a rev limiter.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
I did that when I started the thread.

Now the car doesn't smoke as bad, only at wot.

It will enter vtec(with code thrown) still, but sometimes it will only rev to 5k rpms with no power. gunna reset ecu today

I will be doing a fresh oil change as well as clean the solenoid/valve again here soon.

JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
Car still smokes. I reset codes. I put a different vtec solenoid on(not the whole assembly, just the solenoid). I also soldered on a new vtec oil pressure switch harness, the brown wire on mine had a spot that was bare.

I only drove it up and down my street (warmed up) , but it entered vtec and it pulled harder than it ever has. BUT it blew a cloud of smoke.

Back