Suspension Installation::Coupe

pattywak

Reaction score
Lol don't worry about thread-jacking -- we're all here to help.

To lower your seats, try going through the trunk -- there are two tabs to pull that release the seats also. They should just be right behind the seats and pretty obvious. Try that first. Also, when we were working on my car the key wouldn't work but we turned the key over and it worked. You could try that too.

Refer to HomerJay's steps to accessing the rear end strut towers. I'll repost them here.

1. Remove the gray plastic trim that covers the seat latches.
2. Unscrew the speaker grilles from the trunk. They make the rear tray rigid and more difficult to remove.
3. Coax the rear tray cover out. GENTLY (I broke one of mine!...) bend trim as needed. The rear tray will remain stuck on the seat belt; I just moved it out of the way.
4. Remove two bolts from each strut.

It's pretty straightforward. Good luck with the install!

Raymond

Reaction score
Damn, quick reply! hah, thanks man. I figured it wouldn't be THAT bad, we'll see. :)

pattywak

Reaction score
It's not bad at all. Only reason it took us 6 hours was my car is rusted like **** and a lot of the parts took some "finesse" to get out. lol. It was our first install too so that's another reason we went slow.

pattywak

Reaction score
I love it. The rear looks good already and the front is a little high but it will settle down in time, so I'm just waiting on that.

AngusTEx

Reaction score
heh sorry I didn't get a chance to answer your last question. Can't wait for the pics. If I remember right, S-Techs are -2.0"F/-1.9"R correct?

Raymond

Reaction score
Hey, could you do me a favor and take a picture with the rear seats folded down? I'm curious to see if the entire seat back folds down or what, because LeeAnn was telling me only part of the seat folded down and I didn't see how that could work lmao..

pattywak

Reaction score
heh sorry I didn't get a chance to answer your last question. Can't wait for the pics. If I remember right, S-Techs are -2.0"F/-1.9"R correct?

Right, the front looks a little high still but I figure it will go down once the springs settle.

Raymond, I'll snap a picture for you. She might have though the rear seats fold all the way to the floor or something. It's just that the backs of the seats fold forward.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
We got the rear struts out using some "finesse" but my friend thinks he might have stripped the bolts on the end links...if you buy an aftermarket sway bar do they come with end links?

you dont have to remove the endlink, just remove the bolts holding the swaybar to the frame of the car. then put your oem jack against the frame of the car and the control arm of the suspension. turn the jack handle until theres enough clearance to wiggle out the shock/spring

Back