What else for more Power ??

zpfife08

Reaction score
I have the 2001 2.3L F23 and already have some stuff done. Like.. DC header, custom 2.5" exaust, (unfortunately) throttle body spacer haha, Weapon R Intake, thats pretty much all other then some looks. So far I beat an rx8 to 90mph by about a car length but thats not fast enough for me... What to do next that would be most power effective ?? Camshaft ?

night-ryder

Reaction score
Yea, camshafts wouldn't hurt but I would not recommend running higher than stage one cams on a stock block and valve train. Might want to invest in a block guard as well.

Before you go as far as the valve train though, consider some basic ignition upgrades like wires, plugs, etc... (If you're scraping for hp.)

That spacer may be robbing you as well (search and look into it)

Get a fuel management system, most are easily tuned at the dyno and will add noticeable gains. The A/F ratio is extremely important.

P.S it would be only one camshaft, I'm in DOHC mode over here.

white beauty

Reaction score
i find it hard to believe u beat an rx-8 with just intake, header, exhaust.

anyway if you want more power, really the only ways to do it is to go all out, turbo, N/A build or motor swap, anything else really wont do much

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No higher than stage 1 cam on a stock block and get a block guard, are you kidding me?

Woot more Ohio peeps!

Last edited:

zpfife08

Reaction score
Rx8's are slow, or maybe my friend was just a bad driver, either way he was absolutely nothing impressive. I also do have 8.5mm sp wires but nothing with fuel management currently. So a stage one cam and a block gaurd, any ideas on where I can get those ? I'll be looking around

night-ryder

Reaction score
Yea, I am usually overcautious now after blowing up a civic last year.
The block guard would be unnecessary

Back