hey, needle and fuel light help please

avoy

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm avoy. i've been around this forum here and there, i figure it's about time i introduced myself.

My Ride
2000 Honda Accord LX 4cyl
AEM SRI
blackhoused headlights (HID kit soon, maybe even retro. can't decide which club to join)
working on LED mods here and there, (i'll pics coming soon)
14$ walmart hubcaps

here it is
myride.jpg

--------
anyways

so i need some help i was messing around my speedometer needle, trying to rub off the orange so i can get my LED lights to light up the needle blue.

i put everything back together, and test drove my car around the block.
i noticed my need was retarded. it was lagging. it would go up late, and come back down very slow. i think i was pushing down too hard as i was rubbing. :bash:

and on top that, my fuel light is on now. i have a full tank of gas. ><

anyone ever had that problem? any suggestions? thanks

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
um.. for the fuel light, try turning the knob 3 times or more cuz sometimes it shows up when i only turn it once after i get gas. Also, welcome. =]

nexTOme

Reaction score
i dont think ive seen those hub-caps before....:D

avoy

Reaction score
um.. for the fuel light, try turning the knob 3 times or more cuz sometimes it shows up when i only turn it once after i get gas. Also, welcome. =]

wow thanks younglemon it worked! fuel light gone.

err i got the needle to move alil better, but its still choppy, it incramently going up and down. fast at times and slow for the most part. retarded LOL.

i talked to a friend, he said all speedometers by honda made in the late 90's tend to have alot of problems. i dont know how valid that statement is. thinking about finding some luck in junkyard if all else fails.
err.. all for a little mod. :crazyrun:

i dont think ive seen those hub-caps before....:D
LOL they have a bunch at the San Diego walmarts. bunch of 20-30 year old beater cars sportin those caps too LOL.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um.. for the needle thing, u can maybe try to reset it by pressing that button on ur dashbaord? o_O

avoy

Reaction score
really? where is the button located? i cant seem to find it. LOl sorry for my newbness.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know theres 2 guages right? the one with 1-8 or w/e and other one is 0-140. there should be a little button under both of them that u can press. =]

njmodi

Reaction score
Sounds like you screwed up the needle while trying to clear it.. I have a 5spd cluster for sale if you are interested - pm me.

Also - doing that odo reset younglemon is talking about is not going to fix your needle.

Back