TYC HID PROJECTORS Question

paypalbid

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my tyc projectors yesterday and when I checked out the light bulb that came inside the projector it was a H3 bulb. My question is can I somehow modify and stick the 9006 HID from my stock housing into the TYC Projector housing. Or do I have to buy new H3 Bulbs ? Thanks !

ps.: Did a search couldnt find anything...

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
i did,i use a sanding bit on my dremal and made it work. :)
ill take a pic of what i did in a sec..

i cut off one of the 3tabs...then sanded a grove down the top of it=since the projectors use that Metal pin to hold the light down.
took me maybe 10mins..cut a bit, try it..cut more, try it..till it fits..dont want to cut to much 1st.
CIMG1256.jpg

Last edited:

Raul

Reaction score
guys i have tycs too and i am satisfied with the light output :)....before installing the HIDs, the cutoff was a brilliant z pattern...but after HIDs, the cutoff quality is kinda off.....there is still nice blue cutoff but not as perfect as z....what should i do?:thinking:

paypalbid

Reaction score
what bulb did you use ? H1 ?

I use H1 and the cut of is fine. A little bit of Z but not crazy

nexTOme

Reaction score
cut off - depends on what projector you use

therefore, using tyc, or any other ebay projector headlight, not only their light output is horrible, their cut off is ridiculous...

but then again, search and research should have answered all of these........

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I have tyc projectors in my honda and they work fine. The cutoff is nice z not perfect like bmw, by no means do they look horrible. There is a clear cutoff line. I started out with 9006 and they looked horrible. I went and bought h3's and they fit like a glove. In the future I MAY retro fit them with lexus or bmw projectors. But why? these ones look good anyways. The projectors on ebay that come with a halo are ****, tyc is not perfect but they are very decent for the money. I never have any problems with the projector fogging or collecting water. And i live in the northwest, where it rains almost everyday....

Back