floorboard lump

INK DEMON

Reaction score
So here is my problem... I have an 02 sedan and there is a lump on the driver's side floorboard that runs from behind the driver's seat all the way to the the driver's side passenger floorboard. The lump is facing upward. On the underside of the chassis I can see where it got bent. It seems to be the aftermath of someone running through a speedbump at a very fast speed (or something similar for that matter). I recently asked the shop I go to about this, and also went to a body shop and they both recommended that I just take a block of wood and hit it with a heavy (probably like 5-10 lbs) hammer. It seems to be strictly cosmetic and there appears to be no unibody repairs and all the VIN panels match, so I really doubt it was something serious... My question is, what is everybody's take on this method of "repair"?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
a speed bump? :eh:

ive got a lump where you described as well. i dont know, and dont care, how it got there....if it wasnt from factory.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
a speed bump? :eh:

ive got a lump where you described as well. i dont know, and dont care, how it got there....if it wasnt from factory.

Yeah I was kinda scratching my head on that speed bump thing too... But that's what homeboy at the shop said... Nothing looks real bad on the underside so I'm just trying to figure out how bad of an idea it would be to use their method... All I know is that at some point, someone ran something over...

BTW... I ended up with a chop job before and know what to look for, so I know it's not too bad... :D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
why not just pull the carpet up in that corner and look at it, and see if it was meant to be there or not? thats what id do

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
do what the shop said...a good dead blow hammer(not a regular hammer) and a block of wood should do it...the floor board is nearly paper thin...and is easy to bend...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Mine was like this when i bought it. I just took a large hammer and hit it. You should probably use a peice of wood or something but it's not like you can see it anyway. But it will bend back with little effort.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i have one and its due to a stupid idiot at a shop who didnt know where to put the jack cuz my car was lowered... basically the jack lifted up the floor board as it lifted up the car... the jack ended up going thru the floor board but not the carpet so be careful..

AFAccord

Reaction score
do what the shop said...a good dead blow hammer(not a regular hammer) and a block of wood should do it...the floor board is nearly paper thin...and is easy to bend...

x2

When I bought my car, I had a lump in the floor where someone jacked it up incorrectly. Nothing a 3lb hammer and a short 2x4 couldn't fix.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
x2

When I bought my car, I had a lump in the floor where someone jacked it up incorrectly. Nothing a 3lb hammer and a short 2x4 couldn't fix.
I used a 5-lb hammer with a 2x4 already... The lump went down slightly... My main concern is the suspension... I mean, I'm assuming the car should be on the ground while I do this, so after beating down the floorboard for a while, I decided to ask people first so that all the constant beating wouldn't damage the suspension...

finch13

Reaction score
I decided to ask people first so that all the constant beating wouldn't damage the suspension...

I don't understand... beating the floorboard is somehow connected to the suspension?

You suspension sees worse thing driving at 10 mph than hitting the floorboard with a hammah

Back