TL Sway-Bar question

Accord281

Reaction score
http://syclone.motocrew.com/CG5/suspension.htm

I'm sorry, I'm a noob :boo:

how come it mentions sway bar end link bolt in that DIY?

2185066015_81f4f7c89e.jpg

That is for suspension removal. It has nothing to do with replacing the sway bar or end links.

FYI I bought my stuff from Curry Acura. They had free shipping so that was a nice bonus. After I go buy those Moog end links at Advance, I will have spent less than $90 for this. Great bang for buck!

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
http://syclone.motocrew.com/CG5/suspension.htm

I'm sorry, I'm a noob :boo:

how come it mentions sway bar end link bolt in that DIY?

cuz when you take out the rear suspension, its easier if you unhook the swaybar endlink.

i know when mine wouldnt come off, before i cut it, there was no way i could get the stock spring and shock assembly out.

you dont need to take out the bottom of the seat, just the sides of the backs, and thats ONLY to get to the strut mouts up top. the endlinks are completely under and outside the car. if youre removing interior pieces to get to them, youre doing it wrong.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Just found moogs on advance auto parts website for 25 bucks each. just in case anyone else is interested

And thank you for that! I just about ordered mine online for $25 PLUS shipping. The fronts are only $20.99 each which are the ones that are making noise on my car.

mew1838

Reaction score
I'm simply in love with the new sway bar. The understeer is GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAHHH GONNEEEEE. Btw, do you guys feel the ride is a little stiffer or is it just me?

low430

Reaction score
I'm simply in love with the new sway bar. The understeer is GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAHHH GONNEEEEE. Btw, do you guys feel the ride is a little stiffer or is it just me?

A swaybar acts as a spring against the outside tire during a corner,
Basically uses the preload from the inside wheel and transfers it to the outside wheel.
So It may SEEM stiffer but as far as verticle bumps your suspension should operate about the same.

Accord281

Reaction score
Just put my TL bar on today too...holy crap my hands hurt from using a hacksaw to cut off the old end links! Maybe it is just me, but while driving I rocked the car back and forth quickly and it didn't seem to lean as much. Gotta love it!

Back