And so it is completed!... 6 speed swap.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Re: And so it begins... 6 speed swap.

*update* Hopefully tomorrow.... apparently the 7th gen shifter didn't fit, so I'll be using the 6th gen one... one good thing about this is I can consider using the PSPEC kit eventually :D

Problems: Cannot find the clutch hydrolic lines anywhere, so custom ones probably need to be made. Tranny is in and shifter is in, and they're working on the pedals as I type this. Hopefully the hydrolic lines can be sorted out by tomorrow :/

changaroo

Reaction score
Re: And so it begins... 6 speed.

Something to note: They had issues hooking the tranny up to my motor because of the innovative mounts. So anyone planning to do this keep in mind new or stiff mounts will make it difficult to mount the tranny up with the engine in place. (figured someone in the future will be looking at this thread when they search 6 speed swap and might need to know this ;) )

An easier way for this is to just pull the front and rear mounts off, support the motor with a jack, then tilt the motor to the front of the car.

the diff on the tranny is a really tight fit on our cars. took me a few tries, but it worked :)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

*update* Hopefully tomorrow.... apparently the 7th gen shifter didn't fit, so I'll be using the 6th gen one... one good thing about this is I can consider using the PSPEC kit eventually :D

Problems: Cannot find the clutch hydrolic lines anywhere, so custom ones probably need to be made. Tranny is in and shifter is in, and they're working on the pedals as I type this. Hopefully the hydrolic lines can be sorted out by tomorrow :/

your definitly going to feel all the power gained from losing that crappy 4 speed. I think you gain much more HP to the wheel from v6's going 6 speed than I4. Regardless, in the back of my mind. I kinda wish I had a v6 to do my swap in. But im not complaining!

TheHunter

Reaction score

K it might take a little longer than anticipated, fitting in the 7th gen shifter is apparently quite difficult. Wish me luck guys.

NASOHC

Reaction score

well, here's the UPDATE:

Got tranny completely mounted with exception of rear trans. mount - we need to modify that one. We opted to try the 06 shifter since welding the trans. would require a lot more work to get it right so, it looks a lot easier to add a couple of holes on the chassis to mount. We don't have the hydraulic line coming out of the clutch master - using the 4 cyl. would not work cause the trans. is on the other side. All we need is to find the fitting going into the clutch master and make a new line to fit trans. Pedal assembly is almost done and I'm sure we're going to have to modify something to support it properly at the top bolt mount since this chassis is missing the stud coming out of it.

:ioc:

That'll all be tomorrow - then we'll see how far we get. Patience is a virtue, cheers!

changaroo

Reaction score

NASOHC, bring the clutch master cyl to a NAPA, and go to their fittings section. They have one pretty similar, you just need to grind down a few threads to make it fit.

I had to fab my own, since I was shipped the wrong fitting. I'll show you pictures if needed, but its pretty straightforward.

purpleaccord

Reaction score

DO NOT PANIC :huh: !!!!!! when problem comes to you get some drink,some smoke and think about it, everything is gonna be fine.

DrOwZee

Reaction score

im excited for you RJ. woot. its almost donzo!

Back