July 4th Photography Thread

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well i figured quite a few of us would have some pictures from this weekend...I went to a firework show last night to take pictures...don't think i will take my camera to the show downtown tonight..i kinda want to just sit and enjoy it...anyways here are two pics to start off the thread

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Alot of fireworks shows were cancelled up here on Canada Day(July 1).

Those pics almost don't look real.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Alot of fireworks shows were cancelled up here on Canada Day(July 1).

Those pics almost don't look real.
Because of weather?? It is supposed to rain here tonight, so hopefully it doesn't i love Nashville's firework show..i took about 150 photos though so when i have more time i will post more

Last edited:

indowanksta88

Reaction score
wow, amazing pics Eric, just curious, what was teh shutter, aperature and ISO settings you had when you took pics of fireworks? did you change them often or just stuck to one setting and took all the pics?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i probably tried everything that night...i had it anywhere from 1 second to about 15 seconds haha....15 seconds had tons of fireworks in them, but if they were really big and bright it didn't look good

the best photos were around 1-6 sec exposure...everything was on manual focus with ISO 100...had it is shutter priority mode, not sure about aperture...

there were probably 200+ boats on the lake watching..i tried to get a photo of them all leaving but since i wasn't high enough so it was hard to see the movement..there was some boat out there that sounded MEAN..it sounded like a drag car

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Because of weather?? It is supposed to rain here tonight, so hopefully it doesn't i love Nashville's firework show..i took about 150 photos though so when i have more time i will post more

No, there is a Civic worker's strike, so some city-run events/jobs are not being done. Things like garbage collection and parking permit renewals and some locations that would normally have fireworks, because it's the city that does it, the strike forced cancellations.

xluben

Reaction score
Great pictures! You can see the EXIF via Flickr. Mind sharing your tripod setup?

Back