CF Trunk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my other thread, I did manage to get one part of what I wanted to pick up in VA, so now I have a question.

My CF trunk sticks up a bit on the passenger side near the rear window.

I was wondering, is there any adjustment I can make or if I put some weight on that side, will that help to eliminate any trunk lid gap?

Thanks in advance.

mista jc

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps cause it was for a stock trunk but when I had a rear end collision the body guy opened my trunk, turned the little black knobs and kept closing and opening the trunk for adjustments. It sat higher on one end just like yours, hope the cf is the same.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
take off the trunk spring.. tht will fix the gap

Will give that a try, thanks Roy.

Don't know if this helps cause it was for a stock trunk but when I had a rear end collision the body guy opened my trunk, turned the little black knobs and kept closing and opening the trunk for adjustments. It sat higher on one end just like yours, hope the cf is the same.

I don't remember seeing that in the trunk, but I know those knobs are in the engine bay for the hood.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
you have a cf trunk with that ginormous sound system??? Im praying your Cf trunk doesnt crack...

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
You have to adjust the latch it's like 2 10mm bolts I think holding the latch. You can use spacers on the bolts near the glass which can help which is what I used on the same trunk to make it fit flush.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
you have a cf trunk with that ginormous sound system??? Im praying your Cf trunk doesnt crack...

hahahhaa....I appreciate the compliment about the system! :thumbsup:

You have to adjust the latch it's like 2 10mm bolts I think holding the latch. You can use spacers on the bolts near the glass which can help which is what I used on the same trunk to make it fit flush.

Really, even though the gap is at the rear of the trunk, adjusting the latch would help fix it?

Would I use spacers on the bracket under the rear deck, or on the part of the bracket that is attached to the actual trunk lid?

TheHunter

Reaction score
How far does it stick up? I've noticed that on basically all 6th gens, the... front(?) corners stick up a little...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
How far does it stick up? I've noticed that on basically all 6th gens, the... front(?) corners stick up a little...

Not very much, about 1/1.5 cm at the passenger side corner near the rear window.

I'm going to take a look at t.blackaccords and see how his looks, I think it may be a spring issue, or what dreman suggested as well.

Back