Wheel Bearing?

kurtage77

Reaction score
you can replace just the bearing if you prefer, but i went ahead and replaced both just to be safe.
But if it is definitely the bearing that is bad, then yes. That is the part you want to get.

pattywak

Reaction score
Would it be easier to replace both? Like how for an axle its easier to replace the whole axle rather than repacking the axle with grease and putting a new boot in?

kurtage77

Reaction score
Yea, the bearing wouldn't have to be pressed into it if you bought the whole assembly. You'd save a lot more time and money.

pattywak

Reaction score
Yea, the bearing wouldn't have to be pressed into it if you bought the whole assembly. You'd save a lot more time and money.

Alright, thanks for that. That is probably what I'm going to do to make installation simpler.

pattywak

Reaction score
So the bearing and the hub are already put together if I buy from that link? I'm just making sure since they are pictured separately.

pattywak

Reaction score

Well, I just got mine in the mail and the bearing was definitely not already pressed into the hub, here are some pics:

IMG00736.jpg

IMG00733.jpg

IMG00734.jpg

IMG00735.jpg

So this just means I have to add the step of having the bearing pressed onto the hub, right? Can I rent the tools necessary from a parts store?

Back