camber kit on 2" drop?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
just take it to get an alignment shop that knows what they are doing

but ALOT of shops will TELL you,you need a camber kit,so they can make another 300++$ from ya. If any thing tell them to correct the toe a little to even out the tires a lil..Iv been 2.5+drop for a months now,and my tires are still fine,backs hardly ever wear down..

5spd'r

Reaction score
I don't get it, my 2000EX is on stock springs and I still have 1deg neg camber in the rear. This is after having the alignment done at the "best" align shop in Tucson. A friend of mine had his lowered M3 done there and was happy with it. They told me I needed $300+ worth of adjustable links for the rear...again, THE CAR IS STOCK!!

Atreidies

Reaction score
They are trying to sell you the parts, or at least get money for the install. The rears are set at -.05* from the factory. As long as your toe is at 0*, you are fine. If they aren't trying to sell you anything, then you need to evaluate the opinion of the people who said it was "the best alignment shop in Tucson". Somebody doesn't know what the f**k they are talking about. May be your friends, but the shop doesn't either.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
They are trying to sell you the parts, or at least get money for the install. The rears are set at -.05* from the factory. As long as your toe is at 0*, you are fine. If they aren't trying to sell you anything, then you need to evaluate the opinion of the people who said it was "the best alignment shop in Tucson". Somebody doesn't know what the f**k they are talking about. May be your friends, but the shop doesn't either.

This is why I hate shops that do this to people. This is the reason why my garage has turned into my own service station.

5spd'r

Reaction score
The other thing that bothered me about this alignment, besides it being over 100 bucks, was the car pulling to the left because of an issue with the left front tire...they wouldn't even rotate the two left tires for me ! I've been wanting to put some H&R sports on, but I'm afraid of what it all might add up to; camber kits and "we need to charge lots more to align your lowered car". the sports are 1.5" front and 1.2" rear.

kn0x47

Reaction score
they're simply trying to make as much money off as you as they can. you need to find a different shop to take it to. -1 camber in the back at stock height means something wrong and that should be fixed probably - not buy a camber kit. oh who knows, they could be pulling your leg. shops will tell you you "need" to get this and that so you car can be in stock specs. you don't need a camber kit no matter what they tell you, they just need to get your toe in spec.

i just got my alignment done for 70 bucks. they told me they were going to have to charge me 90 sense i lowered my car but sense my car wasnt too bad out of spec they only charged me regular price and i'm lowered 2 inches. ....you really need to find a different shop. a tuner/performance shop will really know a lot more about cars, not just how to swap out factory parts

Atreidies

Reaction score
I'm lowered 2" all around. I got the lifetime alignment at NTB. $100 bucks, but I get it re-aligned every 6 months for free. Houston has notoriously bad potholes, so I go often to avoid getting far out of spec.

Back