fothermucker's extremely bland '00 EX

fothermucker

Reaction score
Just so everybody knows I really have an Accord... lol. I'm starting this thread now for before & after purposes.

Current mods:

De-badged except for [H] logos
Uh...err new o2 sensor
Meaty snow tires. Is that a mod?
Dented passenger door

Planned stuff:

Coilovers
17" wheels that aren't fugly
Cheap intake & moderate exhaust
Do something with these faded headlights!
New license plate and stainless screws
New speakers and mp3/CD head unit
Better clutch & pspec shifter
Front lip
Repaint front bumper cover

Check back in a year! :redface2:

*edit, May 29th 2010
Installed Tokico HPs, polished headlights:
IMG_2951.jpg

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
+1 for another signet silver, sadly i got the same tires and i'm in socal....:sad:...lol

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
At least its a start. Just make sure the coilovers come before wheels.

Accord4U2NV

Reaction score
^ don't forget the camber kits unless you like buying tires every 6-8 months and choose your wheels wisely they make at least 70-80% of your car appearance

fothermucker

Reaction score
Forgot to mention my suspension is completely shot. I need new struts, tie rods and an alignment. I have inner & outer tie rods ready to go in, still shopping for coil-overs - I'll probably need a rear camber kit too. I also have the timing belt kit from TASauto - I bought the car with 103k miles on it, no idea if the wp and belts had ever been serviced.

Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get this shat done! A buddy of mine will do the wp job along with a valve adjustment.

fothermucker

Reaction score
I've decided this car is just going to be a "beater." I am cheaping out - no coilovers, no drop, no fancy wheels. Just replacing whatever needs to be with whatever good deal I can find. I'd rather spend the money on my SS. I've some bills to pay off before I go crazy - patience is hard to come by.

Here's what I've recently done to the Accord:
  • Tokico HP shocks all around
  • Megan Racing exhaust manifold
  • Magnaflow catalytic converter

Did the exhaust today.

Before:
IMG_3308.jpg

After:
IMG_3311.jpg

Much much smoother. Still using stock cat-back so it's not very loud, probably no power gain. I just had to get that clogged cat off the car and why not do the header as well.

Seems to stumble on the 1-2 shift. Maybe I forgot how to drive in the higher rpm range?

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
damn, the header looks nice. ive been thinking of getting one just for the looks of it, since it definitely looks better than the stock header and heat shield haha. id be keeping my oem catback too.

Back