Top Gear America.... Win or Fail???

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
i was actually kinda pissed america thought they could remake the BBC's Top Gear, then again i was raised on the original Top Gear, when i was younger i used to go home to scotland twice a year when my parents were still together now i go once a year to see my family and would watch it religiously with my uncle and cousins every week, and there is no way they could remake the show IMO the chemistry between the cast of The BBC's Top Gear, if you have watched any of the older top gears challenges the US version has some of the same exact challenges, US tv companies need to stop thinking they can remake british comedy the cultures are to different. just to name a few life on mars, im very curious to see how mtv dose with the remake of the show Skins, it's a hit show over in the UK well see what happens... just my 2 cents

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
maybe it'll be like TG UK and they'll replace one of the presenters. They got rid of Jason Dawe because he was useless, lacked any sort of character, he was just the fat guy who could save a buck or two on a car.
Each presenter on America has his pros and cons, they just need to figure out who's pros outweighs the others cons the most. Me, I have no preference really because I missed the last 2 episodes, but if it were my choice I'd say get rid of Rutledge.

Daheavyking

Reaction score
The UK version is a million times better than the american counterpart. The american Top Gear has character. Tanner foust is a beast behind the wheel. Rutledge is a wanna be Jeremy without the wit and comedy but he's trying and that is ok. The other guy from ny, he is not a main player. He's like Steve Kerr on the champion bulls. You know he's there but do you care? Nope

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Rutledge wood drives like a *****! Anybody else see the smashed CG in the commercial? I was like :sad:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
you could tell Tim Allen was insulted from being interviewed by a gayass like Rutledge, because he's ****ing Tim Allen :lawl:

I can agree with Ryan, that he's the best on the show

BUT

that's like saying you'd prefer dying in a fire rather than dying from poison or a plane crash

I don't think he's quite at the level as that one guy from season 1 of UK top gear, I mean that guy was just like watching your family die in front of you every time he talked for more than a minute

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
I've only watched one episode of the new U.S. one, and i stopped halfway through. The guys just didnt seem to have the chemistry of the guys in the UK. It felt like they were reading off a script written by some sitcom writer, where the original (to me at least) feels somewhat natural. Maybe its gotten better since ive seen it. just my .02 :peek:

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
keep tanner cuz he can actually drive, like jeremy.

but replace fererra and rutlege, both know **** about cars and they can't drive and aren't funny.

You need a James may character who actually knows cars and knows engines.

Although a bystander type person who really isn't a petrol-head or a great driver, like richard hammond, could still be used... just to keep it entertaining for non-car fans

Back