auto trans issue

rizzy

Reaction score
i have a 98 accord 4cy sedan with 160xxx miles. the issue im having is the transmission shifts hard/slips from 1st - 2nd gears and back down. the car drives fine when its cold for about a hour or longer sometime all day, but once its warm this issue shows up, i dont plan on changing the fluid becasue i bought that car recently and i dont know what regular maintianance the pervious owner did. i took it to Aamco and the guy said its low pressure in the transmission when the car gets warm. he said it could be a bushing thats borken or make my clutch is burned out, car has no CELs. what do u guys think?

imaricer:)

Reaction score
your tranny is on its way out. you can get a cooler installed and that will help the life of it. changing the fluid might help to.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
my tranny is doing the same thing .. changing the fluid didn't help one bit lol. i did 3 drain and fills with no luck .. h22 here i come ..

sometimes when my car would downshift hard me and my gf would turn around thinking someone hit me from behind cuz the whole car would jerk hahahaha

rizzy

Reaction score
your tranny is on its way out. you can get a cooler installed and that will help the life of it. changing the fluid might help to.

up to this weekend that passed i was more then ready to go to the stealership and buy 3qts of ATF, but after some more research i found that its better to just leave it as it is cause changing it might just cause more problems and i dont want that. as for the cooler i wanted to do that along with the drain and refill. but someone told me ill just cover up the problem and not fix the current issue just causing more damage to my tranny.

rizzy

Reaction score
my tranny is doing the same thing .. changing the fluid didn't help one bit lol. i did 3 drain and fills with no luck .. h22 here i come ..

sometimes when my car would downshift hard me and my gf would turn around thinking someone hit me from behind cuz the whole car would jerk hahahaha

yea i know what u mean, i hate it my self lol and sometimes with my girlfriendor passangers in the car i have drive it in low gear for local driving cause i dont want to shake then up but i put it back to D4 on highways and such cause onec the car is over 2000rpm it perfectly fine.

juv290

Reaction score
up to this weekend that passed i was more then ready to go to the stealership and buy 3qts of ATF, but after some more research i found that its better to just leave it as it is cause changing it might just cause more problems and i dont want that. as for the cooler i wanted to do that along with the drain and refill. but someone told me ill just cover up the problem and not fix the current issue just causing more damage to my tranny.

Well i got the tranny cooler and changed my oil and it helped sooo much. In my case my tranny felt like it was just gone it didnt want to shift almost at all but it was because of my oil and the cooler does help A LOT

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
these cars are notoriously notorious for ****ty auto tranny's, there's not much you can do, but 6 speed swap is a good alternative. you could search this and find dozens of threads about ****ty autotradgic

rizzy

Reaction score
Well i got the tranny cooler and changed my oil and it helped sooo much. In my case my tranny felt like it was just gone it didnt want to shift almost at all but it was because of my oil and the cooler does help A LOT
my dad change my oil the other day at the shop but thats besides the point, so ur saying u added the cooler with your car having a issue or just for prevention??

rizzy

Reaction score
these cars are notoriously notorious for ****ty auto tranny's, there's not much you can do, but 6 speed swap is a good alternative. you could search this and find dozens of threads about ****ty autotradgic

yea i know, believe me i probaly read almost every thread on transmissions, i dont think ill do a 5spd swap, ill most like fix/repair/rebuild or whatever and stick with auto.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
yea i know, believe me i probaly read almost every thread on transmissions, i dont think ill do a 5spd swap, ill most like fix/repair/rebuild or whatever and stick with auto.

yeah, it can get expensive quick. but i dont really know too much on how to remedy the auto.

and in the future, try to use the multi quote feature instead of double posting, some folk dont take to kindly to that round here haha

Back