AT shifter gear light out help

Chris Vu

Reaction score
If you know how to solder, you can always shove an LED in there :thumbup: You can always get an LED bulb to put in there from ledautomotive.com .. or all those other LED sellers around this site .. there's a buuuuuunch of em haha

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Here's the guide I used. It's pretty much the same thing but it shows the bulb holder and such.

I'm not sure of the proper bulb size name, but I think it's a #74. I bought this bulb to replace the OEM one from superbrightleds. If you don't want a LED bulb, local autopart stores should sell the regular bulb for pretty cheap or TASauto.com.

From my experience, it was a PITA trying to squeeze in and twist the bulb out.:explode:

ejreams

Reaction score
Here's the guide I used. It's pretty much the same thing but it shows the bulb holder and such.

I'm not sure of the proper bulb size name, but I think it's a #74. I bought this bulb to replace the OEM one from superbrightleds. If you don't want a LED bulb, local autopart stores should sell the regular bulb for pretty cheap or TASauto.com.

From my experience, it was a PITA trying to squeeze in and twist the bulb out.:explode:

Yes, its a #74
and getting it out is easy, putting it back in is a pain in the ***.

ejreams

Reaction score
I agree! i changed mine to a blue LED, started to get frustrated because its not straight in, its at an angle..

hahaha,
its a tight space and you gotta angle it down to get it in and under then angle it back up to get it into the socket, and then try to line it up.

God it took me 10 minutes lmfao.

Ralphie

Reaction score

How did that bulb work out for you!?

I want to swap an LED in there because the OEM bulb is out.

Mikey

Reaction score
Mine recently went out as well. I saw this thread before and thought, "God, I hope I dont have to replace that. Looks like a *****.."

Lucky me....

Ralphie

Reaction score
Mine recently went out as well. I saw this thread before and thought, "God, I hope I dont have to replace that. Looks like a *****.."

Lucky me....

Bwhahahahaha

Yea mine went out a year ago and I ignored it and now I'm driving in the snow and its hard to tell what gear its in without looking at the dash...I mean I usually can do it by feel but its nice to have lights work lol.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
How did that bulb work out for you!?

I want to swap an LED in there because the OEM bulb is out.

The bulb worked fine for me. It was a tight squeeze but there were no issues with the bulb overall. All the LEDs I've bought from SuperBrightLEDs have been working fine for me.

Ralphie

Reaction score
The bulb worked fine for me. It was a tight squeeze but there were no issues with the bulb overall. All the LEDs I've bought from SuperBrightLEDs have been working fine for me.

Whew...i held off until i heard from you because i want to do this but im not about to waste my time if it didn't last or light up good.

So the light output is good? You can make out all the Letters/numbers?

Back