whats the difference

98vtec5spd

Reaction score
i havent been on here much. but really need some help. what are the differences between between the american f23 and the jdm f23 engines. are there any potential gains with going to the jdm engine. reason why i ask my f23 is burning oil like a mad man and its almost cheaper for me to do the swap than rebuild the engine. and are the external part interchangeable

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
This is either a very good question, or a question that is gonna make you feel dumb for asking. I personally don't know either.

EDIT: I'm assuming jdm one has less saftey standards or whatever on it. worked on an imported peterbilt truck from japan and it had no airbags, wouldn't pass emmisions, started without brake and clutch, etc. therefore it wasnt street legal here, but it was in japan of course.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
There are subtle differences in some internal workings, but they are only significant if you are gearing your build towards something or accomplishing it in a certain way with certain goals. For the most part there is no difference. PM Erik123456789, he can tell you as he has used a F23 JDM block for his build and knows all the ins-and-outs. Hope this helps.

- Nikita

SykVSyx

Reaction score

KeithStone2.png

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Dude that's basically what I look like right now, well before I shaved minus the hat. I had the stick too. I've been f*cking pissed off lately, and tired of people's sh*t so I end up looking like that - blunt. Haha

:buttkick:

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Same thing. I have one. A lot more responsive than the stock F23A1, but maybe that's just me. (maybe because I had a high mileage F23A1 with bad compression and burned oil like everyone else here lol) I think that's how the F23A1 should respond and act. Everything connects like it should. Just use your stock intake and exhaust manifold and fuel injectors.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Their valve cover is black...

Just go get one from a junkyard. You're just over paying for the "jdm"-ness of it.

Back