Import performance Transmissions (IPT)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a transmission (manual or auto) from these guys?
I ask this because my automatic is starting to go and I'm starting to mod my accord. So i figured, hey, why not pay a little more (2,600-3,000) for a strong automatic. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows of their reputation. Also I can't do manual because I have ankle problems in my left so a clutch is extremely uncomfortable at best.
Thanks,

jdmcg3

Reaction score
wow 26 - 3000 on a tranny???

pretty sure thats around if not more than the cost of a 5 or 6 spd (depending on 4cyl or v6) swap. you should really look into doing this.

and im not sure what prices are like on the eastcoast.. but i see auto f series trannies on craigslist for 200 or 300 all day.

or try your local junk yard. almost all junk yards give a warranty on stuff like this.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The thing is these transmissions are built to withstand high amounts of tourque and power. Which is where a typical, especially automatic tranny, will fail. And i dont have the specific knowledge to strengthen one myself.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you are serious, and your car will actually need it, not just because you think it will need it, but WILL actually need it, and you have the money for it - do it. It would be especially beneficial to have such a transmission if you are planning to drag race with strong power mods. The way they shift is far superior to how one would shift manually. Not many people choose to go that route though, it is fairly unexplored for our applications.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Well I am very serious about building it as an over powered street car with a couple of changeable boost levels for on the fly performance tweeks. So I just tgought this would be a good place to start. Do you know anything about their quality? And are they completely custom transmissions? Or are the 4 speed and 5 speed models based off the b7xa and
m6ha respectivly.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@OP, have you tried searching them online and seeing what other car Forums may have members that have been to that shop and rated them?

Back