Accordrocca's 2001 Coupe (56k)

twofast4u

Reaction score
oh thats sick! im going to try bolting on the h22 one. although i have to stay obd2 because of emissions :(

twofast4u

Reaction score
well according to accordrocca, vtec hits better lol. im down to try it if its not too hard to do

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The way VTEC hits is dependent on the CAM which is in the car, and also where it engages in the powerband at what RPM. A solenoid is not going to make a difference in the power or strength of the VTEC kicking in. The load at which VTEC engages and RPM in which it engages under that certain engine load is controlled by the ECU, and in some cases programmed if the ECU is chipped or a standalone.

twofast4u

Reaction score
oh ok. i think i get it. hence why ppl switch to the bisimoto cam. and if you go obd1 you can tune it to engage whenever you want. so then changing the solenoid wont technically do anything.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Exactly! With a device like a piggyback such Apex'i AFC or AFC NEO, you can also adjust the engagement point, and possibly engine load - while operating on the stock ECU.

Not sure what the H22 solenoid upgrade exactly does, maybe Rocca can shed some light on why he decided to go through the trouble of using it!

Back