Ground Control coilover sleeves - discussion

kn0x47

Reaction score
Yeah give eibach a call. They're awesome. They gave me tons of technical information once that I needed for a class project

...adding lbs to the springs would make them stiffer

99accord boi

Reaction score
Yeah give eibach a call. They're awesome. They gave me tons of technical information once that I needed for a class project

...adding lbs to the springs would make them stiffer

this the people are very friendly and will answer any question u have as long as its not stupid

adding 1kg is not a very noticable increase in stiffness especially ina v6 accord

i did a spring swap on my types 2 from 10kg to 15kg swift springs the increase in stiffness was slightly noticable
DSC03078.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score
So you took the FF springs off and put on a different spring? That blows my mind, lol.

Im almost willing to bet that the GC's default is going to be stiffer than the Sports. I doubt they'd have the same rates right off the shelf. If they are similar or about the same, Chris, like you said, get them on the stiffer side. We just need to figure out what rate to get them. We dont want something too stiff.

Seeing as how GC uses Eibach springs, I bet they'll know rates. You might even be able to explain to them what we're trying to do and they might be able to help pinpoint an exact number. That'd be awesome. It'd save having to go back and forth between the two.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Why would he get them on the stiffer side? Either the same or softer is needed to get a close match to the sportlines. nvm your right cause the spring rate for the sporlines will be for the softest section of it so getting something a little stiffer makes sense

Actually Chris, the majority of the sportline spring is linear rate so if you get the same as the sportlines it probably won't feel any stiffer unless you hit a really bad bump

Last edited:

99accord boi

Reaction score
yea they have every spring rate imaginable for every car in every size i called eibach wen i was searching for springs for my coils i contacted them swift hyperco( used in amr coils) and megan
i also owned a set of gc sleeves before this set up they are stiffer then tein even tho i had kyb gr2with 20k miles

and the spring rate on the gc is gonna depend on the spring rate of the sportline spring compressed at regular ride height which should be compressed at 3in wat would be better is if they provided us with a chart showing the spring rate per in compressed

truWarier02

Reaction score
Well, I would go relatively stiffer for the GC's because I'm assuming he wants to go lower than he is currently with the Sportlines. In that case, you'll want to go stiffer to compensate for the lower ride height, which increases the chance of bottoming out obviously.

IllCG301

Reaction score
I have GC sleeves on stock struts and its the lowest it can go but only sits alittle bit above the tire. If I get the koni yellows or other struts, would I be able to go lower like tire tuck low?

n2o302

Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread! I to am contemplating on using the GC, I'm currently on tokico blues w/ eibachs and would like to just possibly just drop it a little more without having to sacrifice my ride cause I'm getting old and like the plushness of my ride!

Mikey

Reaction score
the majority of the sportline spring is linear rate so if you get the same as the sportlines it probably won't feel any stiffer unless you hit a really bad bump
I was told that the Sportlines are progressive and that the GCs are linear...

Chris any word from Eibach or GC?

Back