juiCyyaccOrd's - CL-S 6SPD Swap

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Not to be..."whatever" but why is his price a secret? If anything, I would think it would give others an idea as to what to expect. Plus, if they know how much, and they want to have it done, they can save up and then supply Richie with some business. Dont forget, he may not be doing swaps full-time, but that shop still costs money to run. The more business he sees, the more money he'll make. More money, means a bigger shop. A bigger shop means more work and so on and so forth. Just sayin.

Definitely the first girl.
icon33.gif

Sorry, I just didn't think it was my business to put out the price without his consent.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Not to be..."whatever" but why is his price a secret? If anything, I would think it would give others an idea as to what to expect. Plus, if they know how much, and they want to have it done, they can save up and then supply Richie with some business. Dont forget, he may not be doing swaps full-time, but that shop still costs money to run. The more business he sees, the more money he'll make. More money, means a bigger shop. A bigger shop means more work and so on and so forth. Just sayin.

Definitely the first girl.
icon33.gif

The cost to one may not be the same to the other...who knows what one could encounter when undergoing the swap and work hours can drastically increase/decrease.
Plus some people tend to pull the "ooo but you did it for so and so for less, why charging me more".

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Lol, yea pretty fast, I have to admit. He kept mentioning the fact that your car was super clean. Mine got into accident so I stopped caring about cleanliness :p but nowwww with the swap it's SUPER CLEAN :) I also saw pix of your swap lol, the process and everything. I gotta admit, it is super clean lol. I saw that he used padding and stuff to protect your paint. I was like, Hey! How come I didn't get that!!! lol, (plastidipped front end with accident) bahahaha

O gawd, I hit every snag you can think of, is why it racked up to so much at cost. I was supposed to have innovative engine mounts but they didn't ship it on time so ended up getting OEM engine mounts since 2.5 of my engine mounts were gone. Had I driven it any longer, the engine would've fallen LOL, Ling kept me busy the whole time, I helped her paint the shop and she took me around with her doing errands :) we became pretty close. I got homesick as well, couldn't wait to go home; got so happy when I saw "Welcome to Mississauga" lol

He did drop my subframe, which made me even lower to the ground so I had to raise my coilovers =( I hate raising!!! =(

Haha, that is funny to hear. But thanks. I think I would have been there even less time, but we documented the whole process for the DIY. But that’s cool he showed you those photos. Don’t worry, any scratches that happened will disappear when you get that bumper cover painted. And now you have a new beginning. :) I originally was not going to swap my motor, but he gave me a good price on a J32a2 with 30k miles on it. What was the fate of your J30/4spd?

So monkeyv6 and Rich worked on the car, and you and Ling did gurly stuff? When I was there, and while Mikey was there, we worked 10-12 hour days/nights. It was INTENSE. lol IIRC Ling’s family and friends are all in Indi, so I am sure she loved having you around.

Let me know if you notice a difference in the car’s handling post-subframe drop. I felt like mine changed slightly.

just to add to the mounts thing, OEM 6th gen mounts are a lot smaller then the CL Type S ones, so the optimal mounts to get would have been the innovative or something strong enough to hold it better, but they never showed up. The OEM's were pretty much our only choice in the time frame we were there and will work for now but will have to be replaced within a year or two as Richard said and must keep away from the aggressive driving.

Too bad those mounts didn’t come in, but you can drive on the stock J32 mounts for a while. Just replace them when you get a chance. Innovative never ships long enough bolts with their mounts, so I would advise getting those before swapping them. If you need more info on this, let me know.

is it ok if I ask how much rich asks to do this? just out of curiosity.
like does he have a set price, total it up at the end, or just want a case of beer? lol

I dont think he drinks beer. If he does, Im willing to bet he wants more than a case of beer. A LOT more than a case of beer.

I did…some things….I’m not…particularly…proud of. But it was payment enough...

j/k. Rich charges for labor hours, as well as any parts you forgot to get that he has lying around to substitute. But he and Ling usually buy you food, and drive you around to get stuff, etc, so really they are very reasonable, no matter what. And it's hard to put a price on amazing customer service.

Sorry, I just didn't think it was my business to put out the price without his consent.

The cost to one may not be the same to the other...who knows what one could encounter when undergoing the swap and work hours can drastically increase/decrease.
Plus some people tend to pull the "ooo but you did it for so and so for less, why charging me more".

Judy and Levin’s reasoning is sound. And I know that he does not have a set rate that may apply to everyone, and a special circumstance could affect what you end up paying and what not. There are a few variables.

Last edited:

monkeyv6

Reaction score

We aren't saying the price because doing swaps takes a lot of time away from him running his own business, so just out of respect for him, we would rather ppl be able to contact him directly to discuss the swap with him instead of having everyone know for no reason. If someone is really interested, they can find his contact, he is at RV6Performance.com, contact info should all be there, would be better to discuss their car with him so he knows what he's dealing with before he gives his price.

blackcord

Reaction score
:jealousbow: Wow, Judy, that's freaking awesome. :rock: Cant wait to see your car out at the meets. :driving:

Last edited:
Back