juiCyyaccOrd's - CL-S 6SPD Swap

Bax

Reaction score
Make Levin wear yoga pants when he has to wash it. :jae:

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
RedRyder said:
Haha, that is funny to hear. But thanks. I think I would have been there even less time, but we documented the whole process for the DIY. But that’s cool he showed you those photos. Don’t worry, any scratches that happened will disappear when you get that bumper cover painted. And now you have a new beginning. I originally was not going to swap my motor, but he gave me a good price on a J32a2 with 30k miles on it. What was the fate of your J30/4spd?

So monkeyv6 and Rich worked on the car, and you and Ling did gurly stuff? When I was there, and while Mikey was there, we worked 10-12 hour days/nights. It was INTENSE. lol IIRC Ling’s family and friends are all in Indi, so I am sure she loved having you around.

Let me know if you notice a difference in the car’s handling post-subframe drop. I felt like mine changed slightly.

LOL, me and Ling worked on my car too, just little stuff and the rest of the time we were painting the shop for them (wouldn't consider that girly) LOL was sweating balls doing that. INTENSE is an understatement lol but I don't regret it at all, was a good experience and met wicked people and ate bomb a.ss food.

Handling is different!!! Hmmm...I thought it was just me, I guess not....lol

Fate of my J30 was gone. That's all I gotta say. lol. Starting over now.

Time to step up my game. Everyone's doing swaps now-a-days :lawl:

:run:
It's what the cool kids are doing now lol

:jealousbow: Wow, Judy, that's freaking awesome. :rock: Cant wait to see your car out at the meets. :driving:
Thanks! =) Come out to west!

Do I hear a J32 coming along?!
Yes you do! lol

3.2 top end plus cam aem ems port and poslish gut RPF1s stoptechBBK corbeau seat harness helmet 255 up from 215 out back

:lawl:

no serious.

But lets not off topic this Badass thread because I've got my own!
Lol, sounds good

congrats on the awesome swap Judy! A free proper detail from Levin is FTW! :run:
Thanks! FTMFW! right levin?

Make Levin wear yoga pants when he has to wash it. :jae:
Mental. Images. Must. Go. Away.

lmfao ...stop trying to picture me in yoga pants:squintrun:
Mental. Images. Must. Go. Away.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
LOL, me and Ling worked on my car too, just little stuff and the rest of the time we were painting the shop for them (wouldn't consider that girly) LOL was sweating balls doing that. INTENSE is an understatement lol but I don't regret it at all, was a good experience and met wicked people and ate bomb a.ss food.

Handling is different!!! Hmmm...I thought it was just me, I guess not....lol

Fate of my J30 was gone. That's all I gotta say. lol. Starting over now.

Painting a shop isn’t girly, I would agree lol. I just meant I know Ling enjoyed having another girl around. Yeah intense is an understatement. Definitely worth doing once, but I don’t think I’ll do something like this again. Next car I get will have what I want from the start, at least from a motor/tranny aspect.

How is your handling different?

And I meant did you take your J30/auto to a junkyard while you were there? Or what did you do with it? Luckily mine were in good working order/condition, and Rich bought them off me to convert his old 6GA back to factory for a family member. But I don’t see him doing that with how busy he is, or at least until he hires some help. Though I’m not sure I see that happening either haha.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Painting a shop isn’t girly, I would agree lol. I just meant I know Ling enjoyed having another girl around. Yeah intense is an understatement. Definitely worth doing once, but I don’t think I’ll do something like this again. Next car I get will have what I want from the start, at least from a motor/tranny aspect.

How is your handling different?

And I meant did you take your J30/auto to a junkyard while you were there? Or what did you do with it? Luckily mine were in good working order/condition, and Rich bought them off me to convert his old 6GA back to factory for a family member. But I don’t see him doing that with how busy he is, or at least until he hires some help. Though I’m not sure I see that happening either haha.

Lol, she was sweet, she wrote me a little goodbye card :wub: and left it in my invoice folder for surprise :wub:

I sent it back to where I bought my engine and got reimbursed $100. =)

He's busy as hell, especially when he's trying to launch another product. I'm thankful that he accepted to install my swap. =)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
SO, question, Judy(and Chris),

Was doing a J36 build not an option for either of you?

I am just curious, since you both have the platform to get it done, so I was wondering y u no build J36?

:coffee:

Judy, the $7k cost did that include travel costs as well or just the build cost?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^That figure also included a lot of suspension parts, etc that needed replaced along the way.

I was overwhelmed enough by figuring out all the parts, getting time off work, where I'd stay while in Chicago, etc etc. Just didn't want to take any more on, lol. Plus I knew I could always do it later.

And admittedly, I thought I'd just be happy with the J32a2. Which I am, but I do plan to beef it up in the future.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^That figure also included a lot of suspension parts, etc that needed replaced along the way.

I was overwhelmed enough by figuring out all the parts, getting time off work, where I'd stay while in Chicago, etc etc. Just didn't want to take any more on, lol. Plus I knew I could always do it later.

Yeah, I read her cost was to replace a number of other things....which, IIRC, was a couple grand more than yours.......:yikes: Yes, true enough, it could be done later on.

Surprised Richie, doesn't have a loft area set up in the new shop yet for people coming in from out of town to get swaps done!

Back