Plasti Dip Chrome Window Trim

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I did the blackout tape on mine, Chris. If I was going to do it again, I'd definitely try the Plasti-Dip first. Doing the trim in one continuous piece is a huge pain in the ass when you get to the tight curve in the back.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I did the blackout tape on mine, Chris. If I was going to do it again, I'd definitely try the Plasti-Dip first. Doing the trim in one continuous piece is a huge pain in the ass when you get to the tight curve in the back.

Thanks bud, nice to hear someone's experience. I also am skeptical of the tape looking cheap and what not. I've got tons of painters tape lying around from working on the house, so maybe I'll take a stab with the plastidip.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I just visited the plasti-dip site and they have a large selection for many different applications :)

http://www.plastidip.com/

I couldn't find anything regarding maximum temperature exposure though. I'd like to see how much heat it can withstand.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^No deterioration, fading, chipping, etc?

Plastidip is definitely easy Chris. Will take a little bit of time and a lot of newspaper to mask everything off though :lawl:

Ok cool. Not sure if I should mask the B-pillar panel and the door trim, or just shoot the chrome strip though.

Back