And people say leds dont have projectile...

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
As you all know, im from So-Cal and i make that marvelous journey to the desert almost every weekend. HIDs are the thing on sand rails/ATVs and whatever, but the new thing now is these bright a$$ LED light bars. They are expensive as hell but damn are they bright. I'm not sure if all of you have seen these, or even heard of them, but they are pretty sick. Here is a quick link I found on them.. http://www.desertled.com/

What made me put this up (inDIY) is... has anybody ever seen the small 4 LED ones used as fogs? Or a better question may be, would those look alright as fog lights?

I was talking to a employee in MotoWorld here in El Cajon, and he said these barely use any power, because they are LED. If i had money i'd get these ones http://www.desertled.com/dually_series_led.htm and fit them in my grill somewhere :thumbup:

Just a thought for y'all, maybe it'll interest some of you in to doing this ;)

idk about you guys, but that would look rad in my opinion.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd have to see those pointing down the road at night before I'd believe they project enough usable light, or as much as a halogen/HID bulb would.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
look on YouTube, or search pictures. Take my word... these things, especially the big light bars, are literally the sun haha. I've been blinded these things just as much as i would be with HIDs..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Indeed.jpg

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
Dis all you want, but I've operated/seen first hand what these put out, seems like a project for me ;) plus for those small ones, I can get them for $125 a pop.. little steep but they look amazing
:thumbup:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would like to see proof of the output, that's all.

For what you are paying, even at your price, they better have HID/Retro-level output.

Not knocking your project, go ahead with it. This is how trends get started.

:coffee:

001Stunna

Reaction score
I dont doubt they would work as it seems they utilize the same idea a halogen headlight does. A light emitting bulb in the middle and a reflector to project the light outwards.
Would they be really bright and light up the road? Sure
Would the be a viable option for city driving versus retros or even HIDS in Reflectors? Hell Nooooo. There is no cutt-off to the beam at alll and it'd blind the hell out of all incoming drivers.
If you are getting them for off roading then go ahead

Last edited:
Back