What'd you do to your accord today?

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Well I used BP because its 3.58/gal compaired to the 3.78/gal that Shell that I normally go to is at right now. The Exxon across the street from is sitting at 3.79/gal. I know ill be using Shell from now on tho. Car seems to run smoother with it. And get better miles out of it too.

I never used Texaco. Ugh...all the gas stations I went to with their name on it look like crap. Might look better elsewhere but the ones I've gone to look run down and beat up. Lol.

I do need some new tires tho. Omg. I don't understand this. 3 new tires. Capitol UHPs. All brand new tread. And have a significant vibration at 40+. Even just driving at 5mph you can feel the bad spots in them. I'm gonna be calling the tire shop today and see what kind of warranty they'll offer me. If they don't give me one ill never shop there again.
As mama always said you pay what you get for
Gave her a wash...

560732_538415502839844_1889786116_n.jpg

&& Installed this thing :wub:

1350310500.jpg

Still waiting on my dash kit though :(

Post more picss of your car

Mikey

Reaction score
I understand functional reasons of being low(better handling, air flow, drag, etc) but if those aren't major issues, i.e; its just a daily, what's the appeal of being slammed?

Is it a fad thing or an acceptance thing?

Driving that slammed 4G really made me think.

Being slammed has always made me cautious anyways. Putting vital components that much closer to the ground, giving them that much more chances of being destroyed. Improper wear on tires and excessive wear on axles and things.

Not to mention scraping on things, hitting unavoidable objects in the roadway and taking FOREVER to get in/out of driveways, etc.

I love cars, I love imports, I love modding...but the one thing that never made sense to me, and sort of still doesn't, is slamming a car when it's going to roam suburban streets.

I'm not being hateful, butthurt, jealous or any other negative emotion; its a legit question. I understand it from a functional point of view. But daily driving city streets does not require being that low. Is it worth the damage, extra costs, and potential for being stranded?

I think my biggest question for anyone with a slammed car is; do you ever, at any point, even for a moment, either regret lowering your car or sometimes wish it weren't low? Do you hate taking so long and having so much worry about bumps, dips, and potential dangers?

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Is it worth the damage, extra costs, and potential for being stranded?

I think my biggest question for anyone with a slammed car is; do you ever, at any point, even for a moment, either regret lowering your car or sometimes wish it weren't low? Do you hate taking so long and having so much worry about bumps, dips, and potential dangers?

To your first question. Yes its worth it and I busted an oil pan and keep moving thank goodness for these reliable Honda's.

Second, I never regret I am about this life, the moment I bought these coils I knew what my goal was to do lol. SLAM IT. I dont worry about dips and such things. The frame is protecting everything for me and tire wear is no more than what you have.

Bax

Reaction score
I never used Texaco. Ugh...all the gas stations I went to with their name on it look like crap. Might look better elsewhere but the ones I've gone to look run down and beat up. Lol.

Same deal here, but Texaco IS on the Top Tier list.

Raul

Reaction score
I understand functional reasons of being low(better handling, air flow, drag, etc) but if those aren't major issues, i.e; its just a daily, what's the appeal of being slammed?

Is it a fad thing or an acceptance thing?

Driving that slammed 4G really made me think.

Being slammed has always made me cautious anyways. Putting vital components that much closer to the ground, giving them that much more chances of being destroyed. Improper wear on tires and excessive wear on axles and things.

Not to mention scraping on things, hitting unavoidable objects in the roadway and taking FOREVER to get in/out of driveways, etc.

I love cars, I love imports, I love modding...but the one thing that never made sense to me, and sort of still doesn't, is slamming a car when it's going to roam suburban streets.

I'm not being hateful, butthurt, jealous or any other negative emotion; its a legit question. I understand it from a functional point of view. But daily driving city streets does not require being that low. Is it worth the damage, extra costs, and potential for being stranded?

I regret driving a slammed car. However, I did it cuz I just went with the flow. Function > Form. Lowered Accords do look nice but they come with a price to pay. Are you ready to pay? lol

I do like the cars that come lowered from factory. Functional and still fun to drive. The R&D engineers made sure the ride is still practical enough while having less or no wheel gap.

Cars are meant to be driven, not to slow down at random stuff. I guess at one stage it looked cool but I think I am over it. That's my opinion though :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't think slammage is really for function, it really doesn't make the car do anything better (drag coefficient...no :lawl:). Better handling results from lowering the car on stiffer suspension, but not slamming it. Seems to me the main reason people slam is for looks, because it usually does look good. And I think this holds water because a lot of 6GA owners who don't go to big lengths to make their car faster acknowledge the fact these cars are slow, and just decide to at least make it look good.

That said, slamming is purely a motive for form. It can look good if done right, but that's about it. My opinion.

Back