Dinzdale40 Official Car Buildup Thread

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
I figured since I talk about this all the time and it seems everyone is always wondering wtf im talking about I would make this thread.

short history:
i got this car when i was in highschool in 2002. I graduated in 2003 and drove it all through colllege also. the car's tranny started acting up early 2007 and I bought a new car to daily drive(s2000). this car is now my tinker toy...will not be daily driven...I love modding this car and working on it...so i figured it would be fun to be able to come home and just tinker with it...along with learning many new skills

the goals:
logic, money, and sense are not really going to be taken into consideration on this build(keep this in mind when making suggestions or thinking up ideas)...anything and everything on this car is prolly gonna be rebuilt and I am taking my time on it....I will try to avoid taking the cheap way out as much as possible to really try to make this car's details stand out...so look for alot of attention to detail...and a long time before this project will be through

cleanliness is another one of the main goals of the build...hiding wires and stripping out whatever i can....i am looking to keep the interior gutted...save as much weight as possible and keep it kind of race car esque...

the car will never really be done but hopefully i can raise the bar and go in a direction less traveled for 6thgen accords...some of the posts on here will be my ramblings and ideas about different parts of the car....feel free to post constructive criticism and if you want to give me your ideas that you think would be cool......

UPDATES CATEGORIZED

Update #1 - removal of front bumper, engine covers, battery, intake

Update #2 - hood and sunroof removal

UPdate #3 - fenders and sideskirts removed

Update #4 - exhaust, racing seat/harness removed

Update #5 - radiator, steering wheel, gauge cluster, and radio removed

Update #6 - alternator and a/c removed

Update #7 - dashboard removal

Update #8 - gas siphoned out of tank

Update #9 - abs, powersteering, and more dashboard stuff

Update #10 - axles out and pics of all my mods in the attic

Update #11 - engine removed

Update #12 - engine bay detailed and wiring harness removed

Update #13 - the "Dinzdale Option"

Update #14 - CF hood acquired

Update #15 - Rear on stands/Garage Organization

Update #16 - Rear Subframe Dropped

Update #17 - Rear Subframe cleaned and gas tank removed..

Update #18 - General Update

here are the pics from today...i started out by removing the air intake box, battery, battery tray, and the windshield wiper motor....the battery is gonna be relocated to the interior along with the fusebox and ABS systems....

pile of parts taken out
IMG_1851.jpg

battery tray gone with connections temp still there
IMG_1852.jpg

wiper motor gone and a mess of vaccuum lines and wires..
IMG_1853.jpg

zooming out
IMG_1854.jpg

wow so thats what it looks like under there...
IMG_1856.jpg

she's on teh rollers...
IMG_1859.jpg

my gangster chair...awaiting its mate
IMG_1862.jpg

next step will be most likely removing the dashboard, front bumper, headlights, and fenders so i can start removing all the crap i don't need behind the dash and re routing some of the wires...after that i will start removing the exhaust and other engine parts in order to prepare to pull the motor next year....

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
sweettt, that looks like alot of fun. i loved working on my accord to, it was so easy. you should just take the hood off, itd be out of the way, and a lot easier to work in the bay.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
interesting thread...Ima have to make sure i watch the history of this, it looks like a lot of fun, and could come in informative...
Good luck with your endeavors!

BTW, what do you plan doing with the stock air box? I know someone that may be interested in purchasing it.

hendizzlez

Reaction score
sweettt, that looks like alot of fun. i loved working on my accord to, it was so easy. you should just take the hood off, itd be out of the way, and a lot easier to work in the bay.

i love working on my accord too :thumbsup: the only car i have but yeh.. hope you enjoy, danny! and dont hurt her and yourself haha be safe!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Good luck Danny. I wanna see this thing built the next time im up there, lol

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I know you've been planning this and I can't wait to see this thing done should be worth the wait bro and I like your idea of cleaning up the bay. If someone was going to do it I would think you would be one of them always thinking clean :)

Back