Turbo Accord Autocross Videos

turboaccord98

Reaction score
So I normally autocross my S2000, but I've always had the itch to see what the accord is capable of. Check out the videos, I have some additional information/tips below the vids. The car has an electronic exhaust cutout so this is how I was able to switch setups for each video. Let me know if you guys have questions. Enjoy!!

Open Downpipe-275 WHP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlY8ZPDaeDw

Stock exhaust - 215 WHP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDnTOKDY1M

So these runs were with the front Anti-roll bar(ARB) disconnected, I would highly suggest not doing this. It does make the car really easy to toss into a corner and it made it rotate a million times better. However, for multiple tight corners it makes the car way too slow to transition and quite sloppy.

Also, the open down pipe made it much harder to steer the car with the throttle. It made the car seem very laggy in transitions. This in combination with no front ARB was unpleasant. Therefore I was 2 seconds faster with the exhaust cutout closed and running through the stock, yes I said stock, exhaust.

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Time for some BFGoodrich Rivals ;). Take some 0-60 vids :D. Car sounds great btw.

nhldogg

Reaction score
Love to see cars like the Accord at autocross events! Makes me feel a little better about my FWD Prelude!

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Yeah the car did pretty well considering those tires were 9 years old and really crappy economy car tires. I run Hankook RS-3's on the S2k. If I were to get serious about autocrossing the accord I would probably just get R compounds. To be totally honest though the s2k is way more fun to autocross, even with 60 less horsepower.

Back