What'd you do to your accord today?

imaricer:)

Reaction score
youre passing up an unused grommet in the firewall (i can see it in both pics) for the ghettoest way of running a wire. and the wire isn't secured to anything but the battery and the fender area. i'll take the risk of sounding like a dick, but that is not "considering every outcome." wire + bare metal = :huh:

its not bare metal if its painted right? and i really didnt want to pull my whole dash out just to run one wire just because its the proper way of doing it... or do i even have to take the dash apart? ill check it out later and see how hard it will be...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well, bare metal is "unpainted" or "uncovered"...whichever definition you want to use. anywhere a wire touches metal...i'm nervous about it. or anything the wire can rub up against, for that matter.

the grommet just pops out...cut out the middle...then feed it through. it comes out basically above the gas pedal. once in the cabin, you have to be careful where you run it due to the pedals, and the steering column all moving while driving. also keep it away from the electronics near the driver's side kick panel.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
God forbid somehow he develops a leaky injector at the fuel rail and some how develops a spark.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
Ill do it eventually just dont have the time for all that right now with work and all but will run it that way... i just did it that way cuz it was my first system and was excited about doing it so just looked for the easiest route, and and the wire isnt thrown over the intake now its just like that in the pic. i still dont see a prob w it ran thru the fender since ive had it like that for at least 7months, i frequently check for cracks or cuts but everythings fine in that sense. But yah i will def want to take the more professional route and run it thru the gromet so its not ghetto lookin like u said.

9450erick

Reaction score
eh, to be honest. I wouldnt do anything with that engine. Have you ever torn an engine apart? You have bearings on your crankshaft that the piston rods attach to. They have very tight tolerances, running out of oil ruins the surface on the bearings and the crankshaft itself. Your head has the camshaft, and bearings are built into the head and there is caps over them holding down the cam. Those are probably damaged too. Sure you can get everything polished and balanced again, but that cost money.

Your car can seem to be running fine, absolutely does not mean everything is fine. I bought a car from the auction with a blown engine, no average joe would have known it, since im honest, I just sent it back because I dont want to sell anyone that junk. It had a rod knock only heard under load and with a keen ear. Compression was still great, didnt burn oil either...but I bet oil pressure was beyond the service limit.
Your better off buying a used engine in good condition and use that to do a turbo build. Like I said earilier, keep using the thick oil if it helps and keep driving the car easy. It still probably has some service life left.

yeah i torn an engine apart, ive seen these bearings, (there like a thick rounded piece of metal with hole in them so oil can come through the journals) nd i know you can also get a spun bearing which will def put ur car out of comission. i havent torn down my engine but i will soon enough to see wat really happened nd how much more life i have out of this puupy.
wish i was like nick(drift) nd knew how to do it so easly lol(but ill figure it out)
ill inspect the walls mayb hone nd resleeve.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
yeah i torn an engine apart, ive seen these bearings, (there like a thick rounded piece of metal with hole in them so oil can come through the journals) nd i know you can also get a spun bearing which will def put ur car out of comission. i havent torn down my engine but i will soon enough to see wat really happened nd how much more life i have out of this puupy.
wish i was like nick(drift) nd knew how to do it so easly lol(but ill figure it out)
ill inspect the walls mayb hone nd resleeve.

Dude, I learned how to assemble engines and repair them by myself. Sure I made some mistakes, but the KEY IS. Taking your time, do your re-search. Use the right tools, get a hold of Factory manuals and such.

If you really want to know what kind of shape your engine is in, do a compression test. Add oil to the low cylinders, if compression rises..then the rings are shot...if not...you might have a stuck valve or one that isnt seating correctly.

Finally, take your oil pressure sensor out and hook up a guage to it, to monitor your oil pressure. If your oil pressure looks good, then your engine could only need some new rings. ;)

By the way, if your installing rings...just give your block to a machine shop to hone and install new rings. I don't mess with that stuff yet....

hondachik

Reaction score
Too much to read^.

Anyways, got my air "fixed" I hope. Had a leak from behind the valve. Lets see how long the air runs this time....

DrOwZee

Reaction score
so much for not dropping cash monies on my car anymore.
flush+lowered a tad bit
:boink:

Back