NA SOHC F23A1 Build - DYNO'd!!!

NASOHC

Reaction score
Ok, so this is one of three die-hard "Naturally Aspirated" F23A1-VTEC builds happening through 6GA forum. Everyone has something different they're trying out; thanks to AFAccord again for his feedback & shared info.

Mine kinda took a different route thanks to "michaelp4283" (200whp or bust) who supplied the piston kit:

Forged Wiseco 86.5mm (-5) piston and ring kit (custom)
Compression will be about 10.69:1
KaizenSpeed "Balance Shaft Eliminator" kit installed.
Crank was balanced, of course.

The head is another fresh one I picked up locally:

No milling
Ported intake & exhaust to match stock gasket
Bisimoto Valve spring kit and stock valves and retainers.
Flow tested head @287cfm.

I'm also using the same WebCamshaft (custom regrind) that was used to dyno car last time.

The intake is an F23 ported to match and the upper TB/Housing was also ported to match my 68mm TB.

Basically, more compression, no balance shafts, home-made intake/head work and spring kit. ???whp - we'll see soon! Updated 2/16/10

UPDATE: 2/17/2010 - 171wtq/174whp

For those who still wonder (=200tq/203hp) at 17% drivetrain loss.

The gain is from the green curve to aqua curve. I gained a bit over 20whp and 18wtq. Basically, my intake is all out of vacuum and restricting flow. My fuel is already at peak so if I change my intake or modify somehow to flow more, I'll need injectors and fuel pump. For now, it is what it is. I/m happy with results. The engine wants more so that's a good thing, more room for improvement.

Thanks for following up with this thread everyone, I hope it helps shine some light for a few and helps others make other improvements.

Here's a peek! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Z-x0MUc1c

f3dq0x.jpg

2meobkh.jpg

33mphma.jpg

s3h7xj.jpg

2wmdl3b.jpg

2mahxx.jpg

Good luck to everyone else trying to pull max ponies out of these motors! :beer:

Last edited:

venom1

Reaction score
Re: NA SOHC F23A1 Build

goood luck to you man can't wait to see the end results

Deshon2688

Reaction score

I love these threads, you and AFAccord lol, and I just stumbled across michaelp4283's today. Good luck to you man.

I'm going to pick up an h23 IM next week for pretty cheap off craigslist, and hopefully a skunk2 70mm TB along with it. That way, every time I go in my garage I'll have to look at them, thus forcing me to read more of these threads til I'm comfortable enough to do something with them :rock:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

good luck

im sure that either one of you two can get the 200whp n/a

CHID0

Reaction score

Props and good luck achieving your power goals, I'll be following this thread closely....

Back