Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Register to remove these ads

6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums (http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/index.php)
-   Non-6GA Car Chat (http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Buying another car??? (http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23278)

20Accord01 07-15-2009 02:02 PM

Buying another car???

So I am contemplating buying another car. Its a 2003 Acura CL type S(AT). It has 45,XXX miles on it and is in perfect condition. My dads best friend is selling it so I know there is nothing wrong with the car. The guy has babied it from the start(original owner). The car is all stock except for some Borbet 17" wheels.

He is asking $10,000 the BB value is around $11,500

My question is I dont know anyone who has ever owned one. Does anybody know how the motor,transmission, are? I just want another reliable DD. Any input would be great!

SilverAggie 07-15-2009 02:12 PM

Re: Buying another car???

My best friends brother had a black one. Dropped it and blacked out everything. Looked good and rode good. He had no complaints out of his. Look online to see reviews on it.

SykVSyx 07-15-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20Accord01 (Post 430018)
So I am contemplating buying another car. Its a 2003 Acura CL type S(AT). It has 45,XXX miles on it and is in perfect condition. My dads best friend is selling it so I know there is nothing wrong with the car. The guy has babied it from the start(original owner). The car is all stock except for some Borbet 17" wheels.

He is asking $10,000 the BB value is around $11,500

My question is I dont know anyone who has ever owned one. Does anybody know how the motor,transmission, are? I just want another reliable DD. Any input would be great!

Only really 'problem' I can see anyone saying the car has.

However, since there are no pictures of said vehicle, it's hard to say whether the car is worth it. You would know best, if you are in a position to pick it up, then go for it.

indowanksta88 07-15-2009 02:25 PM

i have read that the auto trannies on the CL give problems just like the accords, and another problem that i read about is the ballasts for the HID's going out, which could be an expensive fix.

hiddengamer7 07-15-2009 02:27 PM

Yea, the autos still blow.

Colorcode 07-15-2009 02:27 PM

My buddy had one of these. i loved it. a lot of accord guys swap with that engine.

JMillerUA6 07-15-2009 02:28 PM

the 5AT in the CLS's blow worse than the 6thgen A/Ts.

Sketch o5 07-15-2009 02:29 PM

my friend has an auto cl-s. i told him to get the manual, but then he *****ed about the price being higher for the 6 speed. then i asked him about paying to have his auto fixed when it goes out and he shut up :lawl:

but yea, ive heard that they can have similar problems, as far as dieing, like our cars.

20Accord01 07-15-2009 10:45 PM

Well....I bought the car tonight. I will post some pics up as soon as I take some, I guess I may have to roll the dice on the transmission. It drives nice and pulls hard. That 260hp compared to my 148hp is a HUGE difference..lol
Thanks for all the input.

1fastj30a1 07-15-2009 10:51 PM

Ohh congrats on the car. :up: Good luck, hope all goes well with it. :)