juiCyyaccOrd's - CL-S 6SPD Swap

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Here it is guys, the reason why my retros haven't been completed, the reason why my tail lights haven't been completed, the reason why I haven't been active for a week, the reason why I missed last week's biggest TAC meet.

Everyone knows I got into my crazy accident on the highway, after that I decided to get my swap done considering the fact that it's been damaged AND second gear on my automatic transmission was slipping. Instead of putting another 2Gs into an automatic transmission, decided to go with this.

I wanted this PROPERLY done, and I know that Toronto does not have the knowledge to do this. I've been lurking V6P and 6GA and learned that RichieV6 is the most knowledgeable to do this swap. We found his contact and contacted him and requested for him to complete this swap for me and luckily for me he agreed to do it for me. Him and his girlfriend are the most down to earth people I've ever met and don't regret this at all as I got my swap and met the most wickedest people ever. I give mad props to the person who made this all possible; Rich & Ling - if you're reading this, I would like to thank you guys for the best week ever and have my car in perfect shape for my trip back to Canada and don't be a stranger.

Engine parts:
- 3.2 CL-S Engine
- '06 TL 6SPD Transmission
- Magnaflow Catback exhaust system
- SRI Intake (Pending CAI)
- OEM Engine mounts

Let's just say there's like 5 pages of parts, lol, I'll leave it at that...=)

Pictures below - Day 1, Day 2, Day 7 - Days 3-6, things got intense lol camera was not nearby.

IMG_3158.jpg

They got a shelf just for my parts! Woot!

IMG_3178.jpg

Got hungry so had us some Chicago style pizza!
Sorry back on topic =p

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

cleaning the gunk!!! =p
IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

Bloomingdale-20120406-00562.jpg

Bloomingdale-20120403-00555.jpg

Toronto-20120409-00575.jpg

Toronto-20120409-00576.jpg

Toronto-20120409-00578.jpg

and she's home...
IMG-20120409-00579.jpg

VIDEO OF SWAP:
http://youtu.be/yRMeTuKVu3Y

Keep in mind, I do not know how to drive manual! LOL! However, been learning, slowly getting used to it :hide:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Wow nice job, and based off the pics of the cylinder heads, she seems to be a well maintained/healthy motor, congratz on the swap.....now I must watch the vid

EDIT:Just saw the vid :jealousbow:

Last edited:

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Wow nice job, and based off the pics of the cylinder heads, she seems to be a well maintained/healthy motor, congratz on the swap.....now I must watch the vid

EDIT:Just saw the vid :jealousbow:

Thanks!!! =) yea, i got really lucky, the engine was very well maintained =)

001Stunna

Reaction score
Yayyyyy, finally this went live =P...and as i told you, you're perfectly fine at driving manual; after all no-one learned it in 1 day. Guaranteed you'll have it down perfecttttt by end of next week latest...if not i'll wash/clay/polish/wax her for you free of charge(thats a $200 value)

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah, richie and ling are cool as hell. I was gonna say that looks familiar but it appears he got a new, bigger, shop.

Congrats on the swap.

accord786

Reaction score
OMG !!!! Thats sick I wish their were more Accord girls like you in Ca lol :wub:

Dont worry you will learn stick in no Time =)

001Stunna

Reaction score
i learned it in 30 mins.......well after watching some youtube videos:jae:

How much was the total cost for the swap?

allright now pumpkin, lets not start comparing times please...i'd be willing to bet you stalled it after 30min 01sec on an uphill somewhere. Point was everyone had to learn in and no-one came out of the womb shifting gears and clutchin in/out.

For only one day of driving she's got it down pretty damn flipping goood

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
Wow congrats on the swap! It looks like you were really enjoying it in the vid :thumbsup:

Do you mind if I ask the estimate amount of how much did you spend on the swap?

Back