Minor block crack help!

swagger36

Reaction score
98 Accord f23a1 140k
So there is a "U" shape crack at the point where the headers bolt into the block.
No oil or coolant leaking or mixing.
So my question is three parts
There is a threaded pre-drilled spot at what looks to be about an equal and opposite spot with no blot or plate on the opposite side of the headers
Should I flip the plate and blot to the other side and repair the crack? Jb weld, block appox, or aluminum weld? Or just patch the crack?
My 3rd option is to push it off a cliff as it's been nothing but one problem after another with with car.. but I need a temp fix till I can afford a different car..
Also wondered what this crack could be stressing in other parts of the car? Any help there would be great too.
Thanks much for any advice..

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Need pictures for detail. It could be nothing important, and it could be "push it off a cliff."

The headers should be bolting to the head, not the block. The head is easier to replace (though it's still a lot of work)

i've heard of heavy equipment being patched up with JB weld for a temporary fix, but they still take everything apart to do that.

Option #4 is just start saving, and drive it while it still drives.

swagger36

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, and for correcting me on the part, not really a car guy tbh..I'll get back with a photo tomorrow

swagger36

Reaction score
F8gF6TJKALY

Back