6000 rpm idle surge

capsidx

Reaction score
So after successfully transplanting the h23 motor in frankenstein I managed to finally after a week get it started. Now when I start the car the rpm surges from 650 to 6,000 rpm over and over. It's almost as if the tps is bad. I've checked the following:
Briefly checked for vacuum leaks, although I would think it would have to be substancial for it to surge that much
Map voltage seems good
Tps voltage is good
Throttle cable works fine
Throttle plate isn't stuck
Fitv and iatv both have coolant running through them
Only code is o2 sensor
I deleted the Evap system because where I'm moving there are no emissions and I didn't have all the pieces to complete the system anyway so I decided to leave it out.
Any thoughts?

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Yuppers...[emoji83] !
36eb240af9446841f991076384551bdc.jpg

dawg316

Reaction score
on the evap lines . did you cap them off when you deleted the evap system ?

capsidx

Reaction score
MAP and TPS plugs swapped?
I think Honda caught that people were doing that so they made the tps pigtail blue and kept the map sensor plug grey lol.

I capped the evap lines as well. Turns out it was the idle air control. It wasn’t throwing a code and since it was new I assumed it was fine. As soon as I unplugged it the car started, idled and revved. So rule of thumb when working with idle problems, of you suspect a sensor, unplug it and if the idle evens out you found the problem.
Thanks bros. Now just to figure out why it bogs under load and the brakes suck. I’m suspecting vacuum leak to the booster since I never opened the lines. As far as he bogging I’m stuck again on the final problem lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back