New Coupe

Njzninja

Reaction score
So i picked up this 2002 lx coupe w/ 81,000 miles, for 2k.

Here's some pics...

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

What do you guys think? Im worried about the transmission going?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

I don't really recall hearing that the I4's had major tranny issues, so you should be ok.

Great deal on the car though.

Hey JordanFleenor.....he paid $2000, so yeah, $4900 is a good sale.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You got a good deal for that mileage. Even if you have to replace the transmission you would have spent what most people pay just to buy this car. Maybe a few hundred more at most.

Keep up with draining/refilling the tranny fluid on a regular basis and don’t drive like an idiot, and you may be okay. I4 autos also fail, but not as often as the V6 autos it seems.

Does the car drive alright?

Njzninja

Reaction score
yeah it drives great! Im just waiting to change the belts and fluids this weekend. i also have a 2001 EX-L coupe so i have that as a spare just in case something happens with this one.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice, wish I had a parts car. lol

Don’t forget to check the brake pads/rotors, tire pressure/tread, etc as well. Other than that, looks like that rear bumper needs some TLC. Overall looks to be in good shape.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice, wish I had a parts car. lol

Don’t forget to check the brake pads/rotors, tire pressure/tread, etc as well. Other than that, looks like that rear bumper needs some TLC. Overall looks to be in good shape.

Hopefully done prior to purchase.......:skurred:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
As Chris suggested, you could look in to doing a 5spd swap as well, which can be done for a pretty reasonable price.

The 5 lug conversion, I think there may still be some parts available in the Classifieds.

Back