HID theft still a big problem?

cajun

Reaction score
Are people still getting HID headlights stolen a lot, or has the price come down enough? I'm asking b/c I see a local ad for a 6spd 03 Maxima. When I looked up reviews the thing that popped up the most was owners complaining that their easily removed 02-03 HID headlights were stolen...some multiple times. Most of the posts I saw where dated around 03-05.

I know just about nothing about HIDs. Were they more expensive back then?

finch13

Reaction score
A good HID kit was around $400-500 only a few years ago. I've never heard of anybody stealing them until now.

cajun

Reaction score
Google 03 Maxima headlight stolen and you'll see a bunch. Apparently they could be easily stolen in a few minutes and then owners were getting jacked up for >$1K for replacement by dealers. Maybe it's not an issue anymore if the price for HID's has dropped.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
you are talkin about the ballasts right ?

yeah the maximas were def a hot commodity, but so were some other other cars like the S2000,etc

drifthobo

Reaction score
my friends ek got broken into and they stole his hid bulbs and sidemarkers, and it's down my street too -___-'. he knows he must've been followed home... becarful everyone!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
nissan had a recall on em, adding some sort of bracket so they couldnt be taken off easily.

if a thief really wants something, he'll get it. if he can't take it, he'll probably damage it.

haven't heard of any recent issues with oem lights...

Back