Emergancy Brake light on Cluster goes on by itself.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
A video for better description.

01 Sedan, Autotragic, usually happens when I have the throttle a little less than 20% of the way. Just started happening about 1-2 months ago after I removed the (-) from the battery to rewire my 6.5" door speakers. Never bothered me, but I just wanted to make sure if anyone would know what can cause the problem. The brake light will turn off when I use the brake pedal for a good 5-10 seconds or when I go below 35 MPH to a complete stop. I'll try to experiment more on the car, but I'm guessing when the RPM is above 3000 in 1st gear it will turn on? But then again it happens in 3rd gear around 2.8k RPM also. Maybe it's some MAD VTAKKK LIGHT lol. Jk.

Inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: reason was because car was low on brake fluid.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Check your brake fluid resevoir(top up if needed) and the cable(tighten if necessary).

It's usually one or the other that is the issue.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Mine started doing that too !! My car's lucky that I like it, otherwise, it'd be on craigslist!

AccordUser

Reaction score
I know this happend to my friends accord, and he is constant user of his E brake when he parks. When the E brake is engaged the "brake" light should stay solid. Long story short, his ground for his E brake had actually become loose so it would come on at random times when he would drive. Maybe this would work for you......:huh:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'll start out with some wires. Probably do it early Christmas morning.

jwong512

Reaction score
I think your just low on brake fluid. I would just check that first, then top it off and see what happens.

ferron

Reaction score
+1 on the brake fluid mine used to do it when it was cold then when it would warm up it would go away added fluid and never had the problem again.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I think your just low on brake fluid. I would just check that first, then top it off and see what happens.

+1 on the brake fluid mine used to do it when it was cold then when it would warm up it would go away added fluid and never had the problem again.

you guys know brake fluid gets low because your pads are getting low, right? thats why this light comes on when the fluid is low.

it could be that, op, or that the cap itself has gone bad...or possibly one of the other things mentioned. if your fluid is low, id check the pads and act accordingly.​

jwong512

Reaction score

you guys know brake fluid gets low because your pads are getting low, right? thats why this light comes on when the fluid is low.

it could be that, op, or that the cap itself has gone bad...or possibly one of the other things mentioned. if your fluid is low, id check the pads and act accordingly.​

Yeah I know that part. It's cause the pad is getting thin so the caliper sticks out more during braking which is causing the fluid level to lower. But sometimes it can also be caused from brake fluid getting burnt and the system getting low. My light came on right after I got a new master cylinder and brake job cause I guess it was breaking in and after burning off the layer of protective compound on the pads and rotors, the fluid got a little low.

Back