My J32A2/6MT -> 2001 V6 Accord Swap Thread

Varnell

Reaction score
Getting so so close ... J37IM, Accord Cover, P2R TB Adapter and gaskets

IMG_0018.jpg

I'm assuming the J37 IM isn't from the MDX. So, the 2009 RL? And the Accord cover replaces the center piece? Where exactly did you order the TB adapter and gaskets? All this eliminates the need for lowering the subframe? I know I've read all this information before, but just want to make sure before I start ordering parts. lol

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Q

I'm assuming the J37 IM isn't from the MDX. So, the 2009 RL? And the Accord cover replaces the center piece? Where exactly did you order the TB adapter and gaskets? All this eliminates the need for lowering the subframe? I know I've read all this information before, but just want to make sure before I start ordering parts. lol

It's actually from a 2009 TL SH-AWD ... Anyways, here are the part numbers.

Manifold part# 17160-RK2-A00 from Acura
Manifold cover part # 17116-R70-A00 from Honda
P2R adapter part# P383B= (Black), P383R= (Red), P383= (Silver)
P2R gasket part# P141
P2R gasket part# P149
That is all the part #'s for the parts that you will need to make the 09 TL awd manifold to work.
You will need qty of 9 bolts size 8mmx65mm with 1.25 pitch.

Adapters and gaskets were ordered from P2R, best way to contact them is via Facebook.

Yes, that way you can save yourself some ground clearance.

Let me know if you got any more Qs

Varnell

Reaction score
Thanks for going through the trouble of posting all the part numbers. I couldn't find where the TL SH-AWD had been explicitly stated. I just typed in J37 on wikipedia and went from there. You've just saved me a ton of time and, quit possibly, money!

Varnell

Reaction score
Last edited:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, sonni_kuba, haven't seen you around here in a while. I'm finally getting around to buying a J37 IM.

I've been reading through this thread: http://acurazine.com/forums/second-...n-2000-2003-50/possible-new-mod-728942/page6/

These guys seem to be the first to swap over to the J37 IM and complained about getting a CEL from using an EGR plate and needing a catch can. Did you run into these issues?

Hey I'm still around ... but much more active on the FB group ... a lot easier to post pics without having to upload to another site first ... etc

Anyhoo. ... happy to hear that you're going the j37 route. Everything works ok except the imrc ... problem is that the j32a2 IMRC is spring retained ... meaning the j32a2 ECU only sends the open signal ... once the open signal stops being sent by the j32a2 ecu, the j32a2 IM spring closes. The j37 IM IMRC requires both an ON and OFF signal to open and close ... respectively. Thus we left the butterfly valves open all the time and did not wire in the IMRC signal. You might lose a bit of torque low in the RPM ... but you gain a bit in the higher RPM band.

Varnell

Reaction score
Hey I'm still around ... but much more active on the FB group ... a lot easier to post pics without having to upload to another site first ... etc

Anyhoo. ... happy to hear that you're going the j37 route. Everything works ok except the imrc ... problem is that the j32a2 IMRC is spring retained ... meaning the j32a2 ECU only sends the open signal ... once the open signal stops being sent by the j32a2 ecu, the j32a2 IM spring closes. The j37 IM IMRC requires both an ON and OFF signal to open and close ... respectively. Thus we left the butterfly valves open all the time and did not wire in the IMRC signal. You might lose a bit of torque low in the RPM ... but you gain a bit in the higher RPM band.

Thanks, good to know. I didn't realize there was a FB group. What did you do about the EGR port, though?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'm also looking at J37 IM's, I see the part number you posted (17160-RK2-A00) is from the SHAWD TL. Is the IM from a non-SHAWD TL (17160-RK1-A00) able to be used or no? I found a 2010 TL being parted out, not sure if it's SH-AWD or base model though. Pic from ad:

00C0C_ljYtejSrTeS_600x450.jpg

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know. I didn't realize there was a FB group. What did you do about the EGR port, though?

Ah ... about that ... I don't remember what the shop did ... sorry ... I checked with then but the dude can't recall. Yeah, go to Facebook and type in 6th Gen Accord ... post there a lot more frequently. You should also join J Series Engine Nation ... lotsa knowledgeable folk there.

I'm also looking at J37 IM's, I see the part number you posted (17160-RK2-A00) is from the SHAWD TL. Is the IM from a non-SHAWD TL (17160-RK1-A00) able to be used or no? I found a 2010 TL being parted out, not sure if it's SH-AWD or base model though. Pic from ad:

00C0C_ljYtejSrTeS_600x450.jpg

The FWD TLs use a j35 ... so no it won't work

Back