TYC HID PROJECTORS Question

AFAccord

Reaction score
cut off - depends on what projector you use

therefore, using tyc, or any other ebay projector headlight, not only their light output is horrible, their cut off is ridiculous...

The MORE important factor of light cutoff is bulb position. TSX projectors with an OE D2S bulb will have a ****ty cutoff if the bulb isn't positioned correctly. I posted this in the H.I.D. Guide, but one of the mods must have deleted it.

TYC projectors with H3 HID bulbs:

_MG_4199.jpg

_MG_4198.jpg

_MG_4195.jpg

_MG_4193.jpg

_MG_4186.jpg

_MG_4178.jpg

_MG_4169.jpg

Modifying a bulb to fit is the most detrimental thing you can do for light output and cutoff.

paypalbid

Reaction score
TYC Projectors quality is pretty damn good for the price and I have no complaints. If you want to get the best out of the TYC lights in terms of light out put and beam projection make sure you get the H1 bulbs and NOT the H3. I made the mistake of getting H3 and realize the base does not fit right and it was meant for foglights. I went with the H1 HID bulbs and the 2 nipples at the base sit in perfect. You gotta make sure you buy a good quality HID kit with good bulbs. There are alot of crappy kit out there. I use these high quality H1 HID bulbs and I use the real Hella 55W Ballast from Europe.
Once you get good quality stuff your TYC projectors will look very nice. BTW... stick with 6000K temperature.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
i have the same thing. the output is OK for tyc projectors. im thinking of retrofitting some s2k's into the housing and make the cut off cleaner. if you havent notice the projectors have like rigid lines you can see mine on my sig .

Nismode

Reaction score
BKLYN Accord, I'm planning on getting these TYC projectors, and I have a few questions.

I don't plan to get HID's first, so the kit that comes with the TYC's do they come with bulbs? Do they use the same bulb type as the stock halogen system?

Nismode

Reaction score
Buy new H3 bulbs.

what bulb did you use ? H1 ?

I use H1 and the cut of is fine. A little bit of Z but not crazy

I went and bought h3's and they fit like a glove.

The MORE important factor of light cutoff is bulb position. TYC projectors with H3 HID bulbs:

_MG_4199.jpg
_MG_4198.jpg

Modifying a bulb to fit is the most detrimental thing you can do for light output and cutoff.

If you want to get the best out of the TYC lights in terms of light out put and beam projection make sure you get the H1 bulbs and NOT the H3. I made the mistake of getting H3 and realize the base does not fit right and it was meant for foglights. I went with the H1 HID bulbs and the 2 nipples at the base sit in perfect.

Confusing info in this thread... Two people say not to use h3, but rather h1 (what tyc says these housings take)..

Another three people say to use H3.

EDIT: From TYC's site:

2. What kind of light bulb does the TYC lamp use?

Various bulb types are used depending on your application. All TYC projector headlamps use H1 bulbs for the low beams. The high beams will vary depending on application.
?

Last edited:

angelusnhc

Reaction score
i used H1s in my TYC's. and im 100 percent sure they are H1's

Last edited:

angelusnhc

Reaction score
Where did you find replacement bulbs? I want to buy new 6k halogen bulbs for my low beam lights. Are you sure that they are H1?

i bought my hid kit from ebay. and yes im sure i got h1's in my low and high beams.

paypalbid

Reaction score
i also confirm 100% H1 bulbs ( not to me mistaken for the look alike H3 bulbs)

Last edited:
Back