UltimatePedals.com custom pedals

HomerJay

Reaction score
Since I couldn't render my car useless for more than a couple hours this weekend, I decided to finally install the aluminum pedals I had ordered from www.ultimatepedals.com.

The price is a little steep ($200 for all pedals and a footrest) but the quality is definitely there. The pedals are curved and match the pedal profile pefectly!...:thumbsup: I also like that the pedals are pretty much exactly the same size as the original pedals...:D There are also quite a few finish/insert combinations available. As you can see from the first to installed photo, the black inserts have been changed.

The brake and clutch screw pattern is a bit off but I kinda like it. It's mirrored not symmetrical. I was going to use a third screw but I couldn't get the drill perpendicular to the brake pedal (third screw at the top). I used the permanent red thread locker on the two screws that I did manage to use on each pedal. Not really permanent but the threads don't release until 500 degrees.

I had to adjust a hole (i.e. make it larger...:eek:...of course!). I had an automatic center punch so it wasn't too difficult to make a second overlapping hole. An automatic center punch was recommended by the included instructions...I'd highly recommend getting one if doing any pedal covers! Especially considering how cramped the space in which you're working.

Overall, not a tough installation. It's a bit cramped. I used thread locker so I didn't have to revisit this project again. It probably took 3-4 hours total...about 30-45 minutes of that time was spent installing the black rubber inserts!!

"Custom made Jewelry for your car"... :D
20070517-01.jpg

20070602-01.jpg

I really need new mats!!
20070602-02.jpg

Whatcha guys think?...:) Or any questions?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
dunno if id pay that much, but it looks good :)

x3 on new floor mats :( we should do a massive group buy...

HomerJay

Reaction score
Looks really good man! I need new mats too:D
Thanks! I think they turned out great...it's the first change I've made I don't have to re-work...:thumbsup:

I'm half considering just black mats from here:

http://www.autobarn.net/lloydultimats.html

It looks like they're custom fit for each car. It just happens that there aren't any logos. New mats wouldn't match my carpet anyway...why not just use a different color altogether?...:D

HomerJay

Reaction score
$120 per set? ehh you can get oem's for $64.80 from h and a.
That's what I'll do then...thanks!! I hadn't really even started looking...after taking that photo above it became painfully clear that I need new ones.

HomerJay

Reaction score
lol mine are just dirty...yours are worn straight through :eek:
Right you are!! I've actually worn into some of the carpet below. The hole in the brake/gas heel area is about 4" in diameter...:eek:

jackhunt321

Reaction score
I'll stick w/ my sparco pedals....look jsut as nice for half the price

dynasty

Reaction score
personally, those pedals look.. plain to me. doesn't amuse me as much. it's basically a sheet metal with holes. if it was a different style, i would rock with it.

Back