Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
There's another V6 coupe that just came up on kijiji for $500 lol. Apparently it has new tires. I think this is the year everyone is giving up on these cars, so that's good news for me!

I've actually contemplated fixing the green one up and selling it. It just needs a gas tank (because of course it does), a hood latch, a battery and brakes from what I can tell. Just depends on how Connie's transmission behaves this summer.

Don't worry, we started a good thing! Buy more $500 Accords! Recycle and save the planet, lol. As long as you have the space, why wouldn't you?

Do you really think people are giving up on them, or are more people just moving on from them?I mean 500 is pretty cheap with new tires. I mean I don't know if you could fix the green one, and turn it for double money, but then you're also looking for parts yourself. So it becomes a catch 22.:henry: But personally I think 500 dollar 6th gens are a good thing. And think about it, you're helping the environment by being green and recycling.:waytogo:

Connie

Reaction score
Do you really think people are giving up on them, or are more people just moving on from them?I mean 500 is pretty cheap with new tires. I mean I don't know if you could fix the green one, and turn it for double money, but then you're also looking for parts yourself. So it becomes a catch 22.:henry: But personally I think 500 dollar 6th gens are a good thing. And think about it, you're helping the environment by being green and recycling.:waytogo:

So true.
Being a car redneck is awesome.
No car payments and no worries if it gets dinged up.
I can't see myself ever buying another car for more than 1000 bucks until I'm too old to fix them myself. Hopefully that's a long time!

I already have the car toys I want, might spend a few thousand on parts for those cars here and there.... (especially for the RX7, somehow that thing is always broken); so all I gotta do is make sure I have some heap of junk in the stable to drag my *** around during the week lol

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
So true.
I can't see myself ever buying another car for more than 1000 bucks until I'm too old to fix them myself. Hopefully that's a long time!

I already have the car toys I want, might spend a few thousand on parts for those cars here and there.... (especially for the RX7, somehow that thing is always broken); so all I gotta do is make sure I have some heap of junk in the stable to drag my *** around during the week lol

So true. Most of my toys are projects that I like to call "long term projects" as that means I'm not in a hurry to get them complete. The projects I did/do want to complete are mostly done though, so that gives me time for other stuff. As for buying new, doubt it. The closest I'm going to come is either what's already in the yard, or my wife's 00. I'm not really impressed with what's being offered by car/truck manufacturers these days, and it seems like they're working harder on making them look uglier than they need to be. Just give me something I can work on (preferably with room for my arms and or hands too), and I'll be in good shape.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
So true.

Honestly I think a lot of the new age people these days when something breaks or gets a lil worn, they just want to throw it away because they do not posses the know how or they get easily bored and give up.

Either way that is good news for all of us that can put in the time and know how lol, or like you said at least until we get too old and man I hope that is a hell of a long time from now.

As much as I have love for the Rotor motor I have not seen many last or not consume oil based on design, but man when they do run they are fun as can be and quite spirited.

I agree also it is great not having car payments, for the last 5 years we have been buying cars in cash because I've done the math and I'm not going to be a financing puppet with someone else's hand in my wallet.

It has saved us a ton of headaches and worry in life and I do not think there is any turning back for our redneck car building selves if that's what the label is.
All I know is the last time I checked, it was never "Uncool" to be handy with your hands and be able to build your own dreams and thus thrive in life.
Last I checked we all had ladies in our lives lol ,we all must be doing something right I do believe :lawl:

Connie

Reaction score
Honestly I think a lot of the new age people these days when something breaks or gets a lil worn, they just want to throw it away because they do not posses the know how or they get easily bored and give up.

Either way that is good news for all of us that can put in the time and know how lol, or like you said at least until we get too old and man I hope that is a hell of a long time from now.

As much as I have love for the Rotor motor I have not seen many last or not consume oil based on design, but man when they do run they are fun as can be and quite spirited.

I agree also it is great not having car payments, for the last 5 years we have been buying cars in cash because I've done the math and I'm not going to be a financing puppet with someone else's hand in my wallet.

It has saved us a ton of headaches and worry in life and I do not think there is any turning back for our redneck car building selves if that's what the label is.
All I know is the last time I checked, it was never "Uncool" to be handy with your hands and be able to build your own dreams and thus thrive in life.
Last I checked we all had ladies in our lives lol ,we all must be doing something right I do believe :lawl:

The rotaries were actually oil injected. A friend had one a few years back with 310k km on the original engine, and it still had good compression and ran fine. It's like anything; all about maintenance. And admittedly, the rotaries need more maintenance than a conventional engine.

There's an oil injection system with 4 oil injectors that fire right into the rotor housings. Usually go through about a litre or two between oil changes, depending on how it's driven. (metered oil injected is related to RPM). So if it's not burning oil, THAT'S a problem.

Some guys premix their gas with 2-stroke oil and remove the oil injection system, but I'm not cool with playing mr. mixit at the gas station every time I fill up.

I'll make a thread for my toys when it gets a little warmer in the non-6ga section.
It snowed 8 inches yesterday morning and it's still on the ground at home, I really wish this would stop soon! Maybe I'll get them out in a few weeks.

I wonder how much money I've saved over the years driving crap. I've owned a car since I was 16, and never had payments. So that's 15 years of a few hundred bucks a month at least. Not to mention insurance is higher on newer cars.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score

Actually I give my son credit, he tries to do his own maintenance, isn't affraid to get his hands dirty, and uses his smart phone to watch a video if it's something that's been done before (just not by him). Plus, he knows he can always come and ask for my help if he needs it. He also knows there are somethings that are beyond his control, and lets a pro do the job (like AC work, or working on his wife's 08 Pilot). He has admitted that the Accord is sparking his interest some, but how much I'm not sure. We did rebuild the front of his 98 Civic after it got ran off the road in a snow storm. So he's familiar with doing that kind of repair work (core support replaced, and frame rail re-twisted straight). His 07 Civic SI is a car he's lusted for, for years and he's basically keeping it mostly stock. It's a nice car, but huge for a Civic in that it's almost the same size as my Accord is. :O

Last edited:

Connie

Reaction score
Actually I give my son credit, he tries to do his own maintenance, isn't affraid to get his hands dirty, and uses his smart phone to watch a video if it's something that's been done before (just not by him). Plus, he knows he can always come and ask for my help if he needs it. He also knows there are somethings that are beyond his control, and lets a pro do the job (like AC work, or working on his wife's 08 Pilot). He has admitted that the Accord is sparking his interest some, but how much I'm not sure. We did rebuild the front of his 98 Civic after it got ran off the road in a snow storm. So he's familiar with doing that kind of repair work (core support replaced, and frame rail re-twisted straight). His 07 Civic SI is a car he's lusted for, for years and he's basically keeping it mostly stock. It's a nice car, but huge for a Civic in that it's almost the same size as my Accord is. :O

Glad to hear your son getting involved. It's knowledge that will definitely be handy for life. I don't have kids, but my girlfriend has 2 daughters. One can drive in a year, so I should get her involved so that if she gets a flat tire it's not the end of the world. Maybe I'll try and get them out in the garage this weekend while I start pulling Connie apart and make a list of everything I wore out in the last few months.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Glad to hear your son getting involved. It's knowledge that will definitely be handy for life. I don't have kids, but my girlfriend has 2 daughters. One can drive in a year, so I should get her involved so that if she gets a flat tire it's not the end of the world. Maybe I'll try and get them out in the garage this weekend while I start pulling Connie apart and make a list of everything I wore out in the last few months.

That is actually a great idea Connie, to get them involved when you are out there so they know the basics for sure.

It is good your son is getting involved Rusty, sounds like he is off to a great start and on his way to becoming car crazy like the rest of us.

Connie

Reaction score
Well since I don't have any kids (and don't particularly want any), I'm not very good at interacting with them. I'm trying to work on that. Hopefully it gets easier for me and I learn to be a little less awkward around them. So this will be helpful for me too.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Well since I don't have any kids (and don't particularly want any), I'm not very good at interacting with them. I'm trying to work on that. Hopefully it gets easier for me and I learn to be a little less awkward around them. So this will be helpful for me too.
At that age you might be better off getting them a CAA card. Well that and a charged cell phone. I only say that, because at that age girls are more interested in talkjng to other girls about guys, and guys are interested in doing other stuff. :)

Back