black house illegal?

meximan16

Reaction score
so i went to go do my safety a week ago, i waited until the last day(stupid i know) and the guy told me that having the turn signal reflector black was "illegal" and mutha ****er made me change my headlights, or he wouldn't pass my car!! anyone else had this problem?

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
wtf kinda shyt is that! never heard of anything like this.....theres still light coming thru..he was probably just being an asshole..

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
:slap:yea he was definitely being an ***. if it's not dark enough where you can barely see the light then it should pass.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
any modification to a DOT-approved light is illegal.

make your choices, haters gonna hate, etc...its really that simple.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
^^ i was gonna say that but its not illegal to do tho... light still passes thru it... if u take it to another shop for inspection, im sure u will pass

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
any modification to a DOT-approved light is illegal.

make your choices, haters gonna hate, etc...its really that simple.

maybe so but how many people really hold you back for that? there are people like that but for the most part they understand it's just a customization and that light still passes through. it does the same job but looks better. i agree with what you say but man, some people are still ***'s.

av6g6

Reaction score
Paint your low beam while you're at it and tell me that's not illegal. You painted a part of the headlight that actually reflects light. If someone were to see your car from the side and your blinker were on they would not be able to see it at all. This is why I left my blinker chrome when I redid my lights the second time.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
wait can you show a pic? im going by images in my head and i think im way off haha. pic would be helpful to determine if it really is illegal.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
^^ i was gonna say that but its not illegal to do tho... light still passes thru it... if u take it to another shop for inspection, im sure u will pass
no, modding a light is illegal.

its like saying...in a state with a "no front window tint" law...that youre going to sit there and argue with the cop that "50% really isn't that dark!"

he'll have your fix it ready in 5 minutes :lawl:
maybe so but how many people really hold you back for that? there are people like that but for the most part they understand it's just a customization and that light still passes through. it does the same job but looks better. i agree with what you say but man, some people are still ***'s.
so people who fail you are asses but the ones who pass you are cool? the double standard is clear :lawl:

we're not talking the spirit of the law (in regards to doing the same job but "looking better" like blackhousings or "performing better" like an OEM HID retrofit)...the letter of the law says its illegal.

i dont care, however, about the letter of the law :lawl: my headlights are all black, my tail lights are tinted, and my front windows are too dark. cops have had almost 5 years to pull me over for any of it, and i've been to/lived in/went to school in places where cops are straight dicks.

Back