My DIY steering swap=epic fail! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
It was my wheel. Yea the oem one just popped right off. Didnt even need the puller. Ian torqued the mess outa the one we reinstalled though.

hiperb0y

Reaction score
From what I read you tried to use the puller after taking out the center 14mm bolt. What you SHOULD do is unscrew that center bolt so it is loose (maybe about 1/4 out) but leave it in so that the puller has something to push against instead of going into the hole. About the side bolts that attach to the puller, you just have to fiddle around with them and make sure they are tight, I threaded mine when I was taking my wheel off and they were at funny angles but I just kept at it and it finally worked.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
From what I read you tried to use the puller after taking out the center 14mm bolt. What you SHOULD do is unscrew that center bolt so it is loose (maybe about 1/4 out) but leave it in so that the puller has something to push against instead of going into the hole.

the puller is supposed to thread into the hole.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Hiperboy,

Good idea but I think the pressure is gonna force the bolt in and mess up the threads even more. It's THAT bad. I stuck a 10mm socket around it and used the drive bolt on that but no success. The pulling bolts just stripped out and the drive bolt pressed into the socket.

hiperb0y

Reaction score
the puller is supposed to thread into the hole.

are you sure about that? Even so I would not trust that thing especially since its a used tool it could damage your existing thread. I used it to push against the center bolt and it worked just fine

hiperb0y

Reaction score
have u guys tried putting any sorta lubricants on there?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That really wouldnt help much unless we also took some heat to it, which I would've, but was afraid of melting everything. I banged on it w/ a rubber mallet pretty hard and it didnt even budge at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back