The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

NewHondaGuy

Reaction score
I have a 98 V6 sedan with AT could I put a V6 MT cluster in my car and everything work correctly on the cluster? I may swap to a MT down the road but rather I do or not I don't need or like the indicator lights on the cluster and if a MT cluster would swap right in I'd go ahead and do that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^any V6 MT cluster would be out of another car which means it would not be plug and play. I'd just get a set of MT gauge face overlays, Whitegauges has a set for the 5MT 6GA.

NightHawkBlack

Reaction score
Hello forum! I am new on here and I got a few things I would like to ask you Honda pros, I got a 1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe 2.3 ltr. MT. My front bumper is cracked, paints chipped, and it's ready to go. I was thinking about bone yarding for a 2002 EX Coupe bumper, is it a direct fit? OR is there a better, more modern bumper mod from an Acura or Civic with more possibilities? I want to drop for some good, modern, Mirimoto fogs to go with my new modern retrofitted headlight housings I built this summer. I am way late to the Honda game, I just want it to look a lot better than how I have it. I am also looking for info on my rear windshield diameter question in the forum page. Is there any Honda prodigies among us who maybe worked in the glass repair industry who can get me the rear windshield specs?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Hello forum! I am new on here and I got a few things I would like to ask you Honda pros, I got a 1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe 2.3 ltr. MT. My front bumper is cracked, paints chipped, and it's ready to go. I was thinking about bone yarding for a 2002 EX Coupe bumper, is it a direct fit? OR is there a better, more modern bumper mod from an Acura or Civic with more possibilities? I want to drop for some good, modern, Mirimoto fogs to go with my new modern retrofitted headlight housings I built this summer. I am way late to the Honda game, I just want it to look a lot better than how I have it. I am also looking for info on my rear windshield diameter question in the forum page. Is there any Honda prodigies among us who maybe worked in the glass repair industry who can get me the rear windshield specs?

The 2002 coupe bumper is a direct swap for a 1999 coupe. I don't believe any other bumper is a direct fit but plenty have used other bumpers. A very expensive but nice looking is a Euro R conversion. That requires fenders, hood, and bumper. You may need to replace the core support.

As for the rear windshield, it's much easier to just get it replaced with a direct replacement.

REDBEARD508

Reaction score
does anyone know if a 7th gen oem trunk lip will fit on our 6th gens the coupein particular? I can get one locally for pretty cheap.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^The trunk lids are pretty different. You could maybe ask the seller to send dimensions so you could see if at least the width is correct, and if so you could maybe heat it and bend to fit yours. Plenty of options out there though that were actually made for your car that aren't that expensive, I'd just go that route.

tonyg221

Reaction score
do 98-00 sedan front bumper fascias fit 2002 sedans or are they completely different?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^it will bolt up. On the coupe you have to change hoods too or there will be a gap, can't remember if that's the case with sedans or not. I'm thinking not...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Unless you are getting the 98-00 WW or Xenon lip kit, WHY would you want the 98-00 front bumper on your 02?

Back