★ Russianred's 1999 "Cheetah" Banshee Build ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just traded one of my ATVs for this epitome of a four wheeler, not letting this one go for anything. This one is like the skyline of quads to me, fully built through and through. 2-stroke 350cc TWIN (700cc). Two Heads, Two Pipes, Two Carbs. Can't exactly get one much faster than this! My plans for this one are to keep it, because one can never find another one like it, anywhere. This Banshee was rebuilt about a year ago and barely ridden. The fully built Cheetah stroker motor puts out about 90 WHP and reach 130+ MPH. If you're a fellow off-road enthusiast you know how rare and badass these particular Yamahas are. Thoughts, ideas for improvement, discussion welcome! I would like to continue adding modifications to it to turn it into a complete gem.

:headbang:

0516141246a_zps3tnh6ilr.jpg

0516141246m_zpsxbtm4zwz.jpg

0516141246o_zpswmvdhrfo.jpg

IMG_20140518_135223_727_zps3rkyhrzi.jpg

Modification List:

Custom Cheetah Stroker Engine

Billet Machined Block
Hot Rod Crank
Weisco Rods
Weisco Pistons
ProDesign Cool Heads
VForce 3 Reeds x2
Keihin Carbs x2
K&N Open Air Filters
Chrome Boost Bottle
All Cascade Chrome Engine Plating
Centrifugal Racing Clutch
Lexan Clear View Case

Twist Throttle
Vito's Racing Full Pipes & Jets x2
LoneStarRacing Handlebars
Cascade Skulls Radiator Shield
Cascade Billet Handlebar Plate
Cascade Billet Gas Cap
Cascade Billet Brake Reservoir Cap
Cascade Seat Cover
Cascade Billet Brake Caliper Plate
Performance Sprocket
Extended Swing Arm
Custom Rear Brake Rotor
SS Rims
CST Ambush Tires

I'm probably missing some thing which I haven't found yet!

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Not a 4 wheeling man cause quite frankly, where I live, you couldn't ride 5 feet without hitting another house but that thing sure is purtty!

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Very nice red thats a great find. I've been looking to pick up a pair of quads for my family. Not looking at anything nearly that aggressive. Looking forward to some footage.

justin_l_

Reaction score
I can't see the pics at work, i'll take a peek later. The cheetah kit bumps it up to 421cc about 210cc per cylinder. They have potential for a lot of power, I think the highest I have seen was 105HP with all the supporting mods of course, might have been on alcohol. Vito's pipes are nice, but personally I prefer Toomey pipes. They sound amazing... I'll have to swing by and check this thing out some time.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
For sure Justin anytime bro! Hey do you also know Jason who works at Bonanza? He lives literally a few houses down from you. I just recently traded him for his blue Blaster ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys, yeah this is definitely a sport that is to be respected. Any foolishness can be the last.

Yeah I'll definitely get some footage and post it. Literally like a bat outta hell.. Like a Banshee! :D

BamaVTEC

Reaction score
I don't ride, but my friends do. One has a Banshee with a fully rebuilt motor, 350 bored to a 397, Toomey exhaust and other internal mods. Thing is stupid fast, Banshees are the ****. Awesome quad man!

justin_l_

Reaction score
Jeesh, you were down the street and didn't even stop in to say hi? Next time your around you should stop in for a ride in the cars. The e30 is finished, and the talon should be done this weekend.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
OMG!!! What a beauty!!! I kick myself for selling mine. There is quite nothing like a Banshee, and the classicness about them, plus the rarity, and the raw power is just incredible! Nice find, hold onto that gem :beer:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Thanks Dan! Get another one if you can, they will be extremely valuable as the years go on. Had a recent issue with this one where the lower ball joint fell off downward on the trail, luckily I had just started going and was not going fast. Going to replace all 4 front control arms with new ones and likely chrome dip them! :love: I believe that if I chrome dip the control arms and rear swing arm/axle, this will tremendously raise the value more than what it's worth already..

Back