Connie, 2002 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Connie

Reaction score
Tires look great, what is the offset of the wheels they are on?

I believe it's +46 but I could be wrong.
They are 99 JDM Evo 3 wheels.
They were on a 93 Talon with a 4g63 with a big 16g running a fwd-only n/a drivetrain. Picked it up for $1200 and drove it for a year before I sold it; kept the rims around because I liked them. They are super ridiculously light when there's no tires on them.

The wheels fit my RX7, too. Which makes having them convenient.

Here's a link to someone on ebay that has some unpainted wheels.
They don't know the offset either, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Mitsubi...ash=item3f7f58a8d6:g:bUAAAOSwRLZT7XuY&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I like the way the 205's fill the wheel well a little bit more, plus that extra width in foot pattern helps add a little bit more bite to the commute, this car looks to me like it should have came with 16's from the start tbh.
Something about it just makes the car seem more balanced or proportionate if you will, how are you liking the tires so far?

Connie

Reaction score
I like the way the 205's fill the wheel well a little bit more, plus that extra width in foot pattern helps add a little bit more bite to the commute, this car looks to me like it should have came with 16's from the start tbh.
Something about it just makes the car seem more balanced or proportionate if you will, how are you liking the tires so far?

They did come with 16s. The stock tire size on both of my v6 coupes was 205/60R16 so these tires are actually a little smaller than stock. But I've been running 55 profiles rather than 60s ever since I've had Connie. They feel better to me and the car feels just a bit lighter with them.

I know there's quite a gap with stock ride height, and to be honest I don't really care. The car was lowered at one point by the PO and it rode like crap and bottomed out everywhere. It looked nice, but just wasn't comfy. I used to go through rear swaybar links like crazy, too.

The tires, though. Wow. It's been about 3 years now since I took off the worn out yoko ES100s, and those are the last real high performance summers I owned. I forgot how much tires can change a car. Smooth, quiet, so much tighter, so much more nimble. The feedback is amazing now! And they are really good in the rain, too. I did go from worn out snow tires that were pretty much reduced to bags of air, so it's like night and day. Definitely makes the commute a lot more fun!

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I completely hear what you mean about a car being too low and running into issues on the daily commute, with construction, potholes and random crap on the road I would never want a slam burger for a daily commute.

That is actually one of the reasons I chose to stay some what relaxed when it came to picking out a suspension for the wives car, soft enough to not rattle the fillings in your teeth or jar your spine and kidneys lol.

I agree a 60 profile is a bit tall, it might be comfortable but those always felt like a pick up truck tire and were a bit soft for my taste when it came to corners.
The tires that came on the Ex we have are 195/65/15 , which is even taller, also one of the reasons we were already looking into maybe a set with 205/50/17, still has a really nice selection of tires in that range for all types of weather conditions and temps.

How is the wear rating on those tires that you chose?
I have been trying to decide if maybe it would be smart to keep the OE wheels for a winter set or if we should sell them on to someone else who needs a set?

Any ways, I think the wheels and tires you chose look right at home on the road warrior look and the color chose plays the part quite well.

Connie

Reaction score
I completely hear what you mean about a car being too low and running into issues on the daily commute, with construction, potholes and random crap on the road I would never want a slam burger for a daily commute.

That is actually one of the reasons I chose to stay some what relaxed when it came to picking out a suspension for the wives car, soft enough to not rattle the fillings in your teeth or jar your spine and kidneys lol.

I agree a 60 profile is a bit tall, it might be comfortable but those always felt like a pick up truck tire and were a bit soft for my taste when it came to corners.
The tires that came on the Ex we have are 195/65/15 , which is even taller, also one of the reasons we were already looking into maybe a set with 205/50/17, still has a really nice selection of tires in that range for all types of weather conditions and temps.

How is the wear rating on those tires that you chose?
I have been trying to decide if maybe it would be smart to keep the OE wheels for a winter set or if we should sell them on to someone else who needs a set?

Any ways, I think the wheels and tires you chose look right at home on the road warrior look and the color chose plays the part quite well.

Thanks a lot man! I use my OE wheels for winter, and having 2 sets make life so much more convenient. But winter for you doesn't mean the same thing; If I lived where you live, I'd have a much more difficult time justifying the expense of owning two sets of tires and rims.

Yeah getting that sidewall height down is a huge difference. And having smaller overall diameter might cost a bit of gas on the highway, but the tradeoff for a bit more acceleration is worth it for me.

They are really soft tires, and the treadwear is only 200. I know I'll be lucky to get more than 40 or 50k km on them, but man do they feel good. And the price was right; $480CAD installed and balanced.

Those rims have been that colour forever. The talon they were on was red, but the rims were all rashed up, so I decided to sand and paint them way back then. I chose the colour because it was cheap; they were clearing out all of the old near-match paint colours at Canadian Tire for $3 a can. Regular price was 10 bucks a can. I believe the colour is actually one of the factory body colours for late 80's Dodge Caravans lol.

It's discontinued now, and I've been out of that colour paint for a few years now so I can't touch up all of the chips anymore. So probably time to pick a new colour. Might just do them black next time. At least they won't discontinue black, lol.

Accordx

Reaction score
The roads are pretty decent in my area but I'm debating lowering my car just cause it's inconvenient. I'd like to be able to pull into my own driveway lol. The black rims look good with that road warrior look you have going :waytogo:

Connie

Reaction score
The roads are pretty decent in my area but I'm debating lowering my car just cause it's inconvenient. I'd like to be able to pull into my own driveway lol. The black rims look good with that road warrior look you have going :waytogo:

They're 1986 Dodge Caravan Burgundy and you didn't notice:bawl:
I already have 2 cars that get stuck on speed bumps; that's enough! lol
The Road Warrior look isn't on purpose.....things happen. Buy thanks all the same:waytogo:

Accordx

Reaction score
They're 1986 Dodge Caravan Burgundy and you didn't notice:bawl:
I already have 2 cars that get stuck on speed bumps; that's enough! lol
The Road Warrior look isn't on purpose.....things happen. Buy thanks all the same:waytogo:

Oops my bad lol, what happens when I look at the forum on my phone. Honestly now that I have a better look a than it, the burgundy looks better than what black would look like

Connie

Reaction score
Oops my bad lol, what happens when I look at the forum on my phone. Honestly now that I have a better look a than it, the burgundy looks better than what black would look like

All good man. Like I said, it's all just leftover paint from an old project. And now it's been discontinued and they're pretty chipped up from the last few years, so time to pick a new colour anyways hahaha.

Back