Thread: H22 Swap
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40 Points: 17,803, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Drift should be someone you can trustDrift should be someone you can trust
Re: H22 Swap

1.29.06 7:46pm
So, by the looks of it, the mounts will not swap over as I had hoped. No big deal. You will soon see some sick DSG custom motor mount action.

F23............................................... ............................H22

1.30.06 10:26am
Originally Posted by jweller
congrats on joining the broken knock sensor club. I know Paul and I are both members, and i think there is sombody else here that is a member as well.

just a thought, could you save the $100 and swap the one off of your f23 onto the h22
I would have but my a5 motor doesnt have a knock sensor.

Jeff, Im not going nuts taking that **** apart. The motor is spotless, inside and out. Id be surprised if this actaully did have 38k miles on it and not 5k. Im replacing the stock clutch it came with the my ACT, and having done the t belt and ****, I think its all set.

1.31.06 7:44pm

Ok, so I went a whole day with no updates, but I was really tied up with all the wiring, (you'll get the pun once you see the pics).

I backed the car into the shop around 11:30am.

Then we went nuts tearing **** out.

About an hour or so later, were ready to puller out from the top pretty easily.

The easiest way we found was to remove the radiator, and place the a/c compressor in its place, still hooked up. Then remove all the motor mounts from the engine bay. This allows the tranny and crank pulley plenty of room. The intake manifold wasnt really an issue.

The easy part is over. On to the wiring. This has been a long and very tedious process. My intensions are to make the harness look stock, but I have to shange a bunch of ****. Such as:
Re-route the CKP and TDC sensor wires up to the distributor connector. I found the easiest way for me do do this was to start where they were in the stock f23 harness and wrap them around the back of the motor and up to where the distributor connects.

(Max Helped.)

The above pic was what I did last night. The harness is sitting as it would, (generally) on the engine. You are loking at it from the front of the engine, as if you just opened the hood. The white and brown wires that hook around to the back are the TDC, CKP, CYP and all the other distributor wires. I also had to swap over the alternator connector.

All that was last night.

*I have since changed the wiring to shorten the trigger wires to OEM lengths instead of having them wrap around the engine

Today I went to the electronic store and found my resistors. I needed any where between 6-8 ohms. I found some that ohm out to 6.9-7.0 ohms, perfect.

Above are labeled per cylinder.

Whoops! Where did this ACT StreetLite flywheel come from?!

And this is what I will partake in as I work this evening. The taskes I hope to accomplish are finish wiring in the injector resistor pack, wiring VTEC into my stock harness, and a knock sensor too, (which requires sheilded wire).

I also swapped over the h22 injector clips over to the f23 harness to use with the resistor pack. The stock f23 clips did not fit.

www.Dentsport.com

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!